Becoming A Nanny Was The Best Decision I Ever Made

Becoming A Nanny Was The Best Decision I Ever Made — Here's Why Kids Are WAY More Fun

My first glimpse into motherhood.

348
a baby wearing a grey sock hat yawning, covered in a white blanket

I have worked with kids of every age since the time I was able to babysit. I was a youth counselor, a babysitter and a big sister. Naturally, I had a great time finding fun and creative things for the kids to do while their parents were away, while also getting my fair share of tantrums and messes.

After heading to college, I became wrapped up in working for a restaurant and not meeting as many children as I used to.

After COVID, I was without a job which led me to seek other options. I had applied to multiple companies online and was starting to feel like giving up. Instead, I applied to become a nanny and it might've been the best choice I ever made.

Within a week, I was hired and interviewed by multiple families with varying schedules and children's' ages.

After meeting a few families that didn't quite suit my needs, I found the perfect one for me.

Now, everyday I get to wake up and feel excited in the morning before going to work. I no longer feel stressed and on the verge of a mental breakdown, I feel peaceful.

I can't remember a time where I genuinely felt passion for my job, with the way I do for this one.

I have to change diapers, give bottles and suffer through bouts of tears but the bond I've made with the family and their kids are all worth it. Not to mention, I get to be involved in the milestones that every child goes through first-hand which I had never experienced before.

If you love kids as much as I do, I know that there's a family out there waiting for you.

If coronavirus has does anything for me, it at least gave me the chance to find real happiness in my job.

No longer are the days of counting hours until my shift is over; I don't need to when I'm a nanny. Kids are tough, but they sure are more fun to hangout with!