24 Beauty And Style Brands Giving To Black Lives Matter

24 Beauty And Style Brands Donating To The Fight To End Police Brutality Against Black People

From small, boutique brands to legacy fashion brands.

19051

The worlds of beauty and fashion often collide, whether for good or bad. In both, underrepresentation has always been, and remains to be, a major unresolved issue. After the recent killing of George Floyd, many people are rightfully enraged, compounded by the fact his death in police custody wasn't an isolated incident.

Police brutality against Black people is not new, and isn't going away till we start dedicating resources to fighting it. Many of us, as individuals, have only begun in the last week scratching the surface of what it means to educate ourselves on race, historical race relations, and how to be an ally to the Black community.

One of the very many ways to act on anti-Black racism is to dedicate financial resources to worthy causes like the NAACP, Black Lives Matter, and the ACLU, to name a few.

Brands like the ones listed below are dedicating financial resources to those causes and more, in addition to calling their brand followers to do the same.

Freck Beauty

@freck

Freck Beauty donated 100 percent of profits from June 1 to 3 to organizations fighting racial injustice — 70 percent to Black Lives Matter, and 30 to the LA Peoples City Council Freedom Fund.

Epoque Evolution

@epoqueevolution

Epoque Evolution's "give back initiative" will help raise funds for NAACP, the nation's first and largest grassroots-based civil rights organization.

Sol de Janeiro

@soldejaneiro

As of yesterday, Sol de Janeiro has donated $30,000 across Campaign Zero, Black Visions Collective, and Reclaim the Block. They are also matching any donations their team members make.

Kosas

@kosas

Kosas is pledging $20,000 to Black Lives Matters, Black Lives Matters LA, and Color of Change.

Uoma

@uomabeauty

Uoma Beauty's #PullUpOrShutUp campaign launched through a social, direct-action campaign led by Founder Sharon Chuter, and backed by a list of celebrity names, to spotlight the underrepresentation of Black people in corporate America.

Alder New York

@alder_new_york

Alder New York donated to Fair Fight Action, NAACP, and Communities United Against Police Brutality. In addition to this, 10 percent of sales on their new Cooling Mineral Hydro Mist will be donated to the aforementioned organizations for the entire month of June.

Bathing Culture

@bathingculture

Bathing Culture donated, and will continue to donate, to Unicorn Riot, Black Visions Collective, George Floyd Memorial Fund, and the Bay Area Black-Owned Businesses Relief Fund.

HELLEN

@hellennewyork

Luxury healing product brand, HELLEN, donated financial resources to Reclaim The Block.

HIGHBORN

HIGHBORN

Luxury botanics brand HIGHBORN donated to NAACP and Black Lives Matter.

Supernal

@supernal.co

Clean luxury skincare brand Supernal donated to the NAACP.

Tower28

@tower28beauty

Tower 28 donated to the NAACP, ACLU, Black Lives Matter, and Campaign Zero.

Playa

@playa

Playa donated to women-founded, female-led organizations: The Center for Policing Equity, Project NIA, Higher Heights, and the Advancement Project.

Vacquera

@vacquera.nyc

Vaquera donating to the National Black Justice Coalition, Black Visions Collective, Brooklyn Community Bail Fund, and National Bail Out.

Marques

@marques_almeida

Marques is donating 20 percent of all of its orders to the Black Lives Matter movement fund.

Aritzia

@aritzia

Aritzia has donated $100,000 to Black Lives Matter and the NAACP.

Lisa Says Gah

@lisasaysgah

Lisa Says Gah, the San-Francisco-based online retailer, is setting aside $10,000 to purchase from Black-owned brands and designers this month. They've also donated to Black Mamas Matter and Black Lives Matter.

Ganni

@ganni

In addition to Ganni donating $100,000 to Black Lives Matter, NAACP, and ACLU, they've also closed to their site, asking followers of the brand to instead use their financial resources to give back to anti-racism causes.

Warby Parker

@warbyparker

Warby Parker donated 1 million dollars to organizations focused on fighting systematic racism across the country.

Etsy

@etsy

Etsy is donating $500,000 to the Equal Justice Initiative and $500,000 to Borealis Philanthropy's Black-Led Movement Fund.

Uniqlo

@uniqlousa

Uniqlo donated $100,000 to organizations across the country supporting the Black Community.

A Sai Ta

@asaitakeaway

Designer A Sai Ta is donating a portion of every dollar he makes to Black Lives Matter from here on out. Ta is also selling a dress previously only owned by Rihanna herself, all proceeds of which will go to Black Lives Matter, Solace Women Said, and The Voices Of Domestic Workers.

Fashion Nova

@fashionnova

Fashion Nova is pledging 1 million dollars to Black Lives Matter, Know Your Rights Camp, and the NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund.

Biossance

@biossance

Biossance is pledging $100,000 to the ACLU, the Minnesota Freedom Fund, Color of Change, and Black Lives Matter.

Anastasia Beverly Hills

@anastasiabeverlyhills

Anastasia Beverly Hills is pledging 1 million to Black Lives Matter, The Innocence Project, NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund, Black Visions Collective, and The Marshall Project.

Juice Beauty

@juicebeauty

Juice Beauty has donated to the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund to support racial justice.

Note: As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.

From Your Site Articles