Be Happily Consumed By Wanderlust

Be Happily Consumed By Wanderlust

Travel in your own way and at your own pace.
311

We are all consumed by wanderlust; wanderlust is the strong desire to travel. Everyone has a little bit of this in their hearts. This aspect will eventually overflow you and when it does, happiness will never fade.

Personally, I am very happy where I am. I’ve lived in the same town all of my life and still absolutely adore it; I wouldn’t change this for anything. My town is a place that I’m proud to be a part of; I’m proud to be in the community that I’m in. However, it is not a crime for me to want to leave my town and explore the rest of the world. It is not a crime for anyone to dream this. No matter what, it will always be the place I call home.

I’ve been grateful enough to travel to different states and even a different country. I know there’s people out there who have never left their state and others who have been to far off places most of us have never even heard of; neither of these things are unwelcome.

I’m a dreamer, always have been and always will be. I dream of exploration and adventures; I dream of seeing the Northern Lights, walking through the Grand Canyon, skydiving over famous mountains ranges, paddling through the Nile river and much more. My dreams of travel may differ from yours, but we all have our own form of wanderlust. You may want to go a few towns over to a new hiking area that you recently heard of, while your friend may want to take the next flight out to Mexico.

It doesn’t matter what shape your desire to travel is in, small or big, we're all different and explore in various ways. As long as it’s a big step to you, then your wanderlust matters whether it involves traveling 10 miles or 10,000 miles. I’ve always been intrigued by the world and how many different cultures and environments there are to see and I bet you feel the same.

If you’re a student in college, take the chances that are given to you. Volunteer in new places, study abroad or join clubs that involve travel. Take that step for yourself. Do it for you; only you can.

My town has always been where I’ve felt the safest and probably always will be since it’s my home, but we can’t let that affect our desire to see the world. We are humans and we fear many things. Maybe, just maybe new parts of the world scare you; I know trying new things has always frightened me. But we can’t let our fear stop us from fulfilling our dreams and desires.

Get out there and follow your dreams; you don’t have to do it alone. Grab a few friends for a road trip or simply plan to camp for a few days somewhere near by. Take the first step and then go from there.

The world is a beautiful place and you deserve to see it; it deserves to see you. The nature in other countries isn’t the same as it is in your town. The flowers, plants and weather vary. You will constantly discover new animals and new cultures that you could learn to love. You deserve to make these discoveries for yourself and to see the beauty that covers the rest of the world.

Let wanderlust consume you. Don’t fear it. Only allow yourself to embrace it.

Travel. Adventure. Explore.

Let the world experience you.

Take the chances that come to you. Buy that place ticket, renew your passport, fill that gas tank, pack those bags, travel with students and teachers, learn from other cultures, appreciate all parts of the world and be overflowed with inspiration.

You deserve the opportunity to see the world. Looking out into a view filled with mountain ranges as far as the eye can see will simply cause you to forget all of your worries and to only take in the breathtaking beauty you’re seeing.

Simply begin by adventuring to new beaches or hiking grounds. Go fishing. Go running. Start small.

Try new things. Take initiative. Control your life. Make your travels a story that wants to be heard and a story that you want to share.

Let yourself be consumed by wanderlust; don't run from it. If the literal meaning of traveling is not for you, don’t worry. Travel the way that you want to travel; let your wanderlust differ from others.

Close your eyes. Imagine where you want to be. Let your mind bring you there. Travel that way.

Be consumed by wanderlust. Let this consumption bring you happiness.