Be Comfortable Alone Before You're In A Relationship

If You’re Uncomfortable Being Alone, You Shouldn’t Be Comfortable In A Relationship

You need to be able to depend on yourself before you can depend on another person.

921

I have met a lot of people in my life who are always dating someone. Right after they end one relationship, they jump right back into another. I mean, I do understand it. Being single can suck sometimes. It's hard to see other people together and happy and feel content being by yourself, especially after a tough break-up.

But I cannot stress enough how important it is to be comfortable with being alone. Being able to do things on your own and create your own happiness is so essential to a happy and healthy lifestyle.

It allows you time to find and understand yourself without the need to compromise with someone else. You will have time to reflect on what didn't go right in your past relationships and what you deserve in your future ones. It may not always be easy, but these periods without a significant other are ones of growth.

I promise, once you stop depending on others to bring you happiness, you will find much more joy and comfort within yourself, and once you have that, you will be able to find what you deserve in your relationships with others. Being single for a little while will give you the confidence and autonomy that will help you surround yourself with people that love you in the future.

So, to the people that always feel the need to be in a relationship with someone: you shouldn't have to rely on someone else to make you feel complete. Your worth is not defined by having a significant other or not. You should depend on yourself for happiness before you can share that joy with someone else, and only when you are comfortable with yourself will you be able to fully accept the relationships that you deserve with others.