Why I'm a Basic Bitch & Love Fall

Why I'm a Basic Bitch & Love Fall

I no longer dread the cool weather or the onslaught of PUMPKIN SPICE EVERYTHING.

293
Why I'm a Basic Bitch & Love Fall
Photo courtesy of Tumblr

I didn't always enjoy the fall season. As a kid and as a teenager, I used to dread when summer transitioned into fall. Because fall meant chilly weather. And chilly weather meant cold weather would be soon. And I am not a fan of cold weather. In the last two or three years however, I've found that my feelings about the fall season have shifted. I no longer dread the cool weather or the onslaught of PUMPKIN SPICE EVERYTHING.

Instead, I find myself enjoying the season and everything that comes with it. So I thought...why not take a look at all the reasons I love fall (and why it probably makes me sound super basic.) 😂

Less sweating.

I mean, seriously guys. I can't be the only one who reapplies deodorant half-a-dozen times a day during the summer because I'm sweating like a pig at the county fair. So who wouldn't want the cool weather that comes with fall?

#NoShaveNovember

Ladies, you hear me. Once fall hits and our wardrobe starts to change -- less shorts and more skinny jeans with boots -- we start to ignore our "womanly duty" of making sure that our legs are smoothly shaven. Again, I can't be the only one who relishes in the fact that I can wear my skinny jeans and look cute without having to put in the extra effort to shave my legs.

Pumpkin. Spice. Everything.

From candles to deodorizers to fragrance oils and everything in between, companies are taking advantage of the fact that everyone enjoys the smell of pumpkin and pumpkin spice.

Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

Do I really need to say anything else? I think Ashley Fern said it best when she wrote: "Starbucks basically just capitalized on the idea of basic bitches when they conceptualized this product." 😂

Before I started drinking coffee, I rolled my eyes at those "basic bitches" who got excited about Starbucks' pumpkin latte. I mean, why? Why would someone get so excited about a pumpkin spice latte? It's just a drink! Then I consumed my first pumpkin spice latter and I immediately understood the hype; I quickly became one of those "basic bitches" who gets excited about Starbucks' pumpkin spice latte.

Halloween.

Again, need I say more? Regardless of my feelings about the fall season, Halloween has always been (and always will be) my favorite holiday.

The weather = perfection.

Summer weather is too hot and too sticky; It makes you sweat and then you get sticky and gross. Spring weather is too inconsistent -- is it going to be a clear day? A cloudy day? Is it going to rain buckets? Who knows! But fall weather... fall weather is pretty damn perfect.

And last but not least...

I love summer vacation as much as the next person -- spending time with my friends and family, cook outs, swimming, and being on the beach. But as July comes to a close, stores start stocking their shelves with back-to-school supplies, and they usually accompany those supplies with some awesome back-to-school deals. Back-to-school season (because yes, it's its own season) means new clothes, new supplies, and new books. And more than that, it means it's time to reunite with friends, and I am all about reuniting with the friends I don't get a chance to see during the summer. ❤️