"A Bad Moms Christmas" Movie Review

"A Bad Moms Christmas" Movie Review

This is a movie for both mothers and their older kids to laugh at and relate to.

52
"A Bad Moms Christmas" Movie Review
Vox

Since I hate spoiling things, I will disclaim now that this is not a movie spoiler. This is simply a review of the emotional aspects of an absolutely hilarious, tear-jerking, cute movie about moms and how they lose their minds during the holidays.

Every mom in the world is very unique, special, and one-of-a-kind. Each mom in the world has their own way they live their lives, the way they raise their children, and the way they let their personality show. Every mom is perfectly imperfect, and that is what makes them so special.

But this movie lets go off all that uniqueness, specialty, and one-of-a-kind aspect of our mothers and brought them all together into a very realistic, relevant, and absolutely relatable depiction to what moms are like. How they are really, really perfectly imperfect. They may think they are bad moms, but in the end, they are all great moms.

I had the pleasure of enjoying this movie with the most influential mothers in my life; my own mother, my godmother, and my aunt. These three are some of the most important females in my life, and each is unique and special and one of a kind human beings. But I cannot deny that half of the scenes from this movie reminded me of these three. More than half of the time while watching the movie I thought in my head “Yup, that is what Kiki would do…Oh yes, Mom has said that before…Mamina has laughed like that”. The relevance of the movie made it even more enjoyable to watch.

While we were cracking up over the hilarious parts of the movies, we all could see who that could potentially be in the family. Because my family is crazy, and when my brothers and I think we are bad children, all we have to hear is one story from their childhood and we are reminded that we weren’t nearly as crazy as our mom. My mother, godmother, and aunt have lived quite a life, and their stories have given them a pretty great perspective on life. They try to live each day to the fullest while staying true to who they are. This has translated to their parenting, teaching us all to enjoy life and remember who you are. So if that means you want to go skydiving, or running through a grocery store, or wear silly ugly Christmas sweaters, or even make a fool out of yourself in the bar, at least do it with some spunk and joy. My mother, godmother, and aunt have given us plenty of personal experiences to inspire us to be as funny and crazy as them. And we could see that in this movie. Maybe not exactly relatable, but the jest of each funny moment was relatable to an extent that got the same message across.

And as the mothers cried during the mushy parts I would just smile knowing that my family is just as mushy. This kind of movie helped me realize how crazy my family is, and even how much more loving we are. The idea that these mothers in the movie would do anything in the world to make their children happy is beyond relevant to my mother, godmother, and aunt. I have seen it first hand the strides they make every day to make sure my cousins, brothers, and I are all happy and taken care of. In the movie, these mothers do go over the line and have no problem going over the line or jumping over the edge to make sure the children end the day with a smile. Same for my family. That love for the children of the family goes beyond the moon, beyond the measurability of the universe in my family. As I watched the film, my heart was warmed by the relevance of this and brought an extra amount of appreciation for my mother, godmother, and aunt and al they do as mothers, especially during the wonderful time of the holidays.

From the funny moments to the cute moments, each one was relatable to both mothers and their children. My brothers and I have for sure been handfuls and have given my mother a lot of stress, and I know we are also blessings to the family. I can think of the millions of times we have said sorry to our mother, and I can think of all the times we said I love you. This movie helped remind me to say I love you more than I say I am sorry. It also taught me to really enjoy the holidays with the ones who mean the most and to enjoy the special moments with the ones who work so hard to create them, like my aunt, godmother, and beautiful mother.