To The Person Going Through The 'Domino Effect'
Health Wellness

One thing happens, and then every possible other bad thing seems to follow after it.

279

The "Domino Effect," also known as what happens when you're down. When you typically feel at the lowest of lows, life decides to kick you even lower into the hole you're in. I know what this is because I've been there.

Some people say it's just "bad luck," but it's more than that. It's a true test of strength. You can never seem to catch a break. You might for a moment think that everything has reached the point of "normalcy" until either a minor or major inconvenience occurs.

A minor thing could be breaking your phone charger, or dropping your food. A major thing could be an injury or death.

Eventually, there will be no dominoes left to be knocked down. For whatever the reason you are being tested, and you must persevere. You will reach the point where things will be okay again. It might take you time, a long time, but you will get there.

You can't think negative, even when you feel like your world is crashing down, try and find the light. Go outside in nature, feel the sun on your skin, and feel alive.

Feeling alive is the key to getting through this patch because if you accept the numb, you're allowing the dominoes to fall. For a while I accepted it, I decided not to feel anything. But one day I realized that I was allowing this to carry on because in not feeling anything, you can't feel the good either.

You refrain from accepting all good in life, you don't look for the rainbows after the storms, you just stop. Just don't give up. Don't give up on yourself. I know you're going through a lot right now.

Make sure you try and talk to someone about it, for a while I just let things happen. Then I started confiding in a person and it made me know that there's someone to listen. There's someone who can understand the situation.

Last year for me was my "Domino Year." I had three losses in my family as well as a handful of other negative events occur, and I was numb throughout it all. Then one day after all this occurred I went to go into Wawa to make my iced coffee, and they ran out. I started crying in the middle of a Wawa, because they were out of iced coffee.

Let that sink in. Whatever has happened recently to add on to this domino effect, acknowledge it and note the fact that this thing was not the cause of your pain. It just added to it.

If you're going through the domino effect, be strong. I know it's hard but know that things will be okay. The dominoes will stop eventually. The world is not against you, I promise.