Thoughts while moving
Health Wellness

15 Thoughts You Have While Moving

From excitement to second thoughts, the process of deciding and uprooting to a more positive personal environment was amazing.

135
15 Thoughts You Have While Moving

This past month, I moved into a brand new apartment with my best friend. It's my first full "adult" apartment that isn't a student housing complex. Throughout the whole process, I had so many conflicting thoughts and processes; it was an interesting experience.

I moved to a new apartment because the student housing apartments in my town aren't exactly the greatest places to live. They're big companies pining and using students for money and screwing them over with unprofessionalism and security hazards.

Being footsteps away from my friends was amazing, but being pushed over by unprofessional management and being ignored by people I was paying to fix things and protect us was not. Because of this, my roommate and I made the decision to move the minute our lease was over with them.

From excitement to second thoughts, the process of deciding and uprooting to a more positive personal environment was amazing. These are 15 thoughts I had while moving.

1. "Yay! A fresh start is so exciting!"

Being in a stagnant environment can weigh you down, so you need to start anew.

2. "Can I afford this?"

Uprooting your life and getting a new place is expensive! Moving costs, rent deposits, electricity, and water turn-on fees. It really piles up.

3. "Yes, I need to move. I hate it here."

Where I lived before was awful. The management needs an overhaul, and there are constant security hazards.

4. "Wait, how much?"

After seeing the number together with my savings, I could actually do this!

5. "Why do I need to pay so much for this?!"

Thinking about paying almost 300 dollars for someone to flip a switch to activate our electricity will always boggle my mind.

6. "I have TOO much stuff."

https://pixabay.com/en/boxes-cardboard-carrying-overload-2624231/

I had SO many boxes you wouldn't believe me because I couldn't remember the number of boxes I had!

7. "I really don't wanna pack."

There were moments when I didn't even want to get up and make food, let alone to pack up stuff.

8. "Oh my gosh! That's where that's been."

When I did get to packing, I found a lot of stuff that I've been looking for—things that I've needed and couldn't remember where they were.

9. "Can I just hire movers?"

http://www.niceguymoversorlando.com/blog/finding-people-help-orlando/

The thought of carrying boxes all the way up the flights of steps and back down was exhausting. The idea of hiring movers popped into my head once or twice.

10. "Wait, it's how much again?"

When paying the deposit, I had to triple check that the right amount was there or we'd be homeless.

11. "I guess I'm able to pay it."

After paying everything, I was immediately broke but, hey, I could pay it.

12. "I'm going to decorate this place right!"

Our old apartment never got decorated, and this new one was a clean slate to make sure I decorated it right. It is slowly getting there.

13. "These boxes are so heavy."

c1.staticflickr.com

Not a shocker, but after carrying the boxes down one flight of steps and up a whole other, they got pretty heavy really fast

14. "Where do I put all this stuff?"

When I realized how unfurnished the apartment actually was, I got kind of scared because I didn't really know where to put all of my stuff.

15. "This place is... Heaven."

After unpacking and settling in, this apartment is already 10 times better than the old one. It's practically Heaven.