Let's Stop Praising Ayesha Curry's 'New' Body And Focus On The Fact That She Is Happy And Healthy

I get it, she looks great, but being happy and healthy should always be the priority.

47999

Ayesha Curry just stepped out looking AMAZING after a 35-pound weight loss, and don't get me wrong: she looks great. I think we're missing the bigger idea that Curry is trying to speak about, though.

Weight loss is really hard, and most people don't live in a world where they can work out for 12 hours a day, afford a personal trainer, and cast all of their responsibilities out to sea in order to work out, Curry included.

The platform she has been speaking out about is more inspiring and beautiful than the weight loss itself, but everyone just seems stuck talking about her "new body" instead of talking about the heart of what she has done.

Let's talk about how Curry is more than just another person who lost weight.

She's a role model and spokesperson for what it looks like to lose weight in the real world. It's hard... like really, really hard. She addresses this by talking about at-home workouts and quick and healthy meals to fit into someone's busy lifestyle.

Most of all, she didn't do it to be praised about how great she looks, she did it to be strong and healthy for herself and the people in her life who rely on her.

She did it to be happy, to be healthy, not to be praised for having a great body by America's superficial beauty standards.

Making these types of lifestyle changes can be so critical and so fruitful to someone's life, but they shouldn't be done for the praise or to meet America's standard of beauty.

They should be done, like Curry did, for yourself and yourself only.

It shouldn't be about meeting this superficial, self-centered, egotistical idea of beauty in America, and when more attention is going into Curry's look than her strategy, we're undermining the hard work she did to get there and the message she is trying to send to every person in America trying so hard to take that first step to make this pivotal lifestyle change.

Do it for yourself.

Do it for your loved ones.

Do it for those who count on you waking up tomorrow morning.

Don't do it just to meet a beauty standard or to get complimented on your body... that's not the heart of this.

To wake up each and every day happy, to love who you were designed to be, and to accept yourself for who you are while challenging yourself to make continual improvements to better yourself: that's what this is about.

Stop making this about her "new bod" and instead, make it about happy and healthy lifestyle changes because that's what the real win is here.

Oh, and if you don't believe me check out Curry's post for yourself. This was for the betterment of her own life, not for verbal praise.