Goodbye Rudeness, Hello Kindness

Goodbye Rudeness, Hello Kindness

Sometimes we need to check ourselves and our attitudes
24

We all have those days, you know the ones where things just can’t seem to go your way. The day where you’re behind schedule, spilling or dropping anything that contains a hot mess and seems to screw up whatever task you get your get your hands on.

The day where you’re not one to be messed with for fear that you may possibly produce an overflow of lava from the crown of your head, which could end badly because of your already pounding headache, also known as Monday. Days like this happen sometimes but that’s no excuse to throw around rudeness or disrespect like confetti. Rain is beautiful but when you’re raining on everyone’s parade with a sour attitude or sharp words, you kinda spoil the parade.

The worst is when this occurs to those who are serving you.

No matter if it’s ordering food, paying for gas, checking into a hotel, boarding a plane, sampling lotion, or dining for lunch, the people who are serving you most likely have a job where they have to constantly deal with people. You may be surprised at the fact that your attitude can make or break their work shift or their entire day. It’s not expected that you become the best of friends with people but at least giving a friendly smile or greeting goes a long way.

If you encounter someone who doesn’t have the greatest attitude that’s still no reason to be vicious. As the famous saying goes, you can’t fight fire with fire, the same applies here. No good will come out of everyone treating each other with disrespect. The best way to go about a situation like this is to actually be kind.

It doesn’t matter if the person you’re dealing with continues to carry their harsh attitude, just focus on evaluating your attitude, making it as kind and warm as possible. Regardless of their attitude at least you can continue on with your day knowing that you were you’re best yourself even when faced with someone who may not have been the nicest.

In cases like this, the best remedy is love.

Other people are not to be used as punching bags, stress balls, or whatever else you wish to smash due to frustration and life happening. Life happens but that doesn’t mean you take it out on everyone around you.

Your terrible, horrible no good, very bad day doesn’t go to the person serving you lunch, the person who grabbed a parking spot closest to the door just as you were about to pull in it, or the person who bumped into you while passing by without excusing themselves. Not to say that their actions are respectful nor right but we can’t control others. We can only be the best versions of ourselves.

The way we treat others has a much bigger effect that we know. Just as a smile can make a person naturally smile back and make them feel welcomed and invited without being conscious of it, the same applies for our attitudes. When we go around with craptastic attitudes towards others it has a ripple effect that tends to bring others down. You don’t have to enjoy people, and you may be experiencing a bad day but everyone deserves to be treated with respect.