As Your Aunt, I Promise You...

As Your Aunt, I Promise You...

Being an aunt is a gift you should never take for granted.

543
As Your Aunt, I Promise You...
Tori Jean Hatfield

I thank God for my blessings everyday, but I fail to realize how truly blessed I am. My God has blessed me with the most amazing kids I get to call my niece and nephew. These sweet kids bless my heart everyday. These are my promises to you, my beautiful babies.

1. I promise to love you!

I promise to smother you with hugs and kisses. You will know you are loved by me.

2. I promise to be here through it all.

I promise to be here as you grow. I will be here to listen through the first breakup, first bad grade in school, and the first time your mom makes you mad. I will be here to comfort you, make you laugh, and love you. I will be here even when you don't want me to be.

3. I promise to spoil you!

As your aunt, I have the opportunity to spoil you, and I will use that opportunity. I promise to give you all the chocolate you want, and then send you home with your parents. I promise to buy you toys you really don't need. I will spoil you, because you deserve that!☺️

4. I promise to take lots of pictures.

I will take tons of pictures of you. Bare with me and know that you will appreciate these when you are already. I want to seize the moment, and have memories to look back on when you are older. So slow down, and smile! You will thank me later.

5. I promise to always be mesmerized by your smile.

I can not help but to smile when you smile. No matter what is going on, when you smile all is right with the world. So do not be bothered at me if i stare at you when you smile. I'm just taking in the perfectness.

6. I promise to laugh at your jokes.

I promise to laugh, even when you are not funny. I will laugh at you, with you, and for you. Because laughter feeds the soul.

7. I promise to dress you in cute clothes.

You will always be the cutest kid on the block, that I promise.

8. I promise to play all of your games that you make up.

I love nothing more than to sit on the floor with you and play the games you make up. Playing allows you to see I love and care.

9. I promise to always stick up for you.

I will always have your back. I will protect you in any circumstance. My love for you is unconditional.

10. I promise to always count you as one of my biggest blessings.

Every morning when I get up, I thank God for allowing me to be your aunt. I am thankful to get to see you and spend time with you. I'm thankful I get to love you. And most of all, I'm thankful I get to be called your aunt!