8 Performers We Need For Super Bowl 54 To Wash The Bland Taste Of Maroon 5 Out

Because let's face it, has anyone been that impressed in the last couple of years?

158

While the hype was real around Maroon 5's half-time show, the audience has had a mutual feeling of being let down. Personally, I believe no matter who you bring on, a large group of people is not going to be happy. Half of the world is looking for that Lady Gaga, Beyonce show while the other half wants to hear some good music.

I personally didn't think Maroon 5 did a horrible job. In my opinion, if they would've stuck to traditional concert-type performance, just the band and some good vocals, it would've been much better. Artists are so caught up in trying to put on this lavish production that they lose a sense of authenticity to their performance. The gimmicks were distractions more than anything else.

With that being said, who has what it takes to unite the people and give us a half time show that we all deserve?

1. Ed Sheeran

Glastonbury Festival 2017 - Day 4

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8098413/ed-sheeran-2018-stadium-tour-added-dates

Ed Sheeran is arguably one of the best live performers. His songs are well-known enough to where everyone can find someone to nod their head along to, even if you're not a major fan. Give this man a loop track, a guitar and some cool lights and I think everyone will be pretty dang impressed.

2. Shania Twain

Shania

http://westgateevents.com/events/shania-twain-vegas/

Shania is a legend. Her songs will please all generations and she can put on one hell of a show. Bonus points would be if she brought a horse out like she did in Las Vegas. She did already sing in 2003, but she can come back. We welcome her.

3. Garth Brooks

The 39th Annual CMA Awards - Garth Brooks Performs in Times Square

http://www.megacountry.com/news/1200-megablog-live-links-kris-kristofferson-garth-brooks-121

Staying on the topic of country music, another legend is Garth Brooks. Similar to Ed Sheeran, you should see this guy live. All he needs is a guitar and he can really put on a show you won't want to miss.

4. The Original Cast of Hamilton

Hamilton

https://www.post-gazette.com/ae/theater-dance/2018/12/28/27-daysHamilton-Pittsburgh-Miranda-musical-theater-Benedum/stories/201812190203

Because... they're amazing. And while there is many things this country does not agree on, I think we all can love Hamilton equally.

5. Rhianna

Rhianna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXvyJDqqQec

This iconic queen deserves her spotlight. Plus if she sang 'Love on the Brain', I think I would die.

6. Pink

Pink

If you need a reason why Pink should sing at the Super Bowl, look up a video of her singing live.

7. Taylor Swift

Taylor

https://www.capitalfm.com/artists/taylor-swift/performances/ready-for-it-jingle-bell-ball-2017/

After seeing her Reputation Netflix documentary, I think we all can agree that Taylor deserves her Super Bowl moment.

8. The Bikini Bottom Super Band

Bikini Bottom

https://twitter.com/bigberto0717/status/878398258745356289

They deserve to sing Sweet Victory. We have enough technology to figure this one out, people!