Ariana Grande's Newest Album Hits Home

Ariana Grande's Newest Album Hits Home

All 12 songs on repeat.

33
Ariana Grande's Newest Album Hits Home

Last Friday, Ariana Grande released her latest album: "Thank U, Next," much to the excitement of her dedicated and reaction-filled fans. The album has been received with open arms, emotional connections, and endless positive reviews, with fans thanking her for blessing them with an album of "12 unskippable songs". Some fans are even arguing it's a bigger hit than her album "Sweetener," which was only released last summer and reached No. 1 on Billboard 200 Chart.

I'll happily admit, I'm one of those fans who has fallen in love with these 12 incredibly relatable bops. Emotions were immediately flying high when my friends and I began streaming the album; our group messages were consistently buzzing with comments on our favorite songs, lyrics, and the numerous Mac Miller & Pete Davidson references (which we all knew were inevitably coming). If I had to choose one word to describe this album, I'd say it is extremely therapeutic. There's a song for everyone to personally identify with, considering the album hits a wide range of themes like breakups, healthy relationships, anxiety, confidence, and personal growth. Some of the lyrics that have especially been commented on are:

"I admit that I'm all messed up / But I can hide it when I'm all dressed up." - Needy

"I'd rather be alone tonight / You can say 'I love you' through the phone tonight." - NASA

"I know you hear me when I cry / I try to hold it in at night." - Ghostin

"I'm a girl with a whole lot of baggage." - Ghostin

No matter if you're a serious Ariana Grande fan or not, there's little doubt that you haven't heard about the scale of recent struggles regarding mental illness, death, and break-ups in her life. What I admire about her, though, is her ability to confidently voice these mentally straining conflicts through beautifully crafted melodies and lyrics that truly hit home for so many people. Ariana Grande has openly and willingly admitted that her fame and fortune does not exclude her from harboring the pain and stress that often accompanies life.

If you're one of the few people who hasn't given her album a listen, I highly suggest that you stop reading this article and make your way over to Spotify. I wish you good luck ... it's an emotional roller coaster.