Ariana Grande's New Album 'Thank U, Next' Track By Track

Thank U, Ariana... For this album.

168
https://youtu.be/LH4Y1ZUUx2g

No matter what your thoughts on her or her music are, you've definitely at least been aware of Ariana Grande lately. When it comes to the Manchester bombing in 2017, her ex-boyfriend, Mac Miller passing away last year, her engagement and breakup from Pete Davidson, she's had quite the past couple of years.

In August of 2018, she released her fourth studio album, Sweetener. Here we are just 6 months later, and she's back with another album full of absolute bops.

If you haven't listened yet, and want to see what all the hype is about, or you have listened and just want to continue familiarizing yourself with the incredible album that is Thank U, Next, here it is track by track:

imagine

This one was released back in December and is a catchy start for the record. I personally love jamming to this song about unattainable love.

My favorite lyric: "Love how my face sits so good in your neck"

needy

After the first couple of times listening to the album, this one is definitely one of my favorites. It's about exactly what you'd think: being needy. Same, Ariana. Relatable.

My favorite lyric: "Good at overthinking with my heart"

NASA

If you don't wanna dance when you hear this song, you're insane. It's about needing space... Get it? NASA? Space? I'm shook.

My favorite lyric: "And when I miss you, it'll change the way I kiss you"

bloodline

Ariana really killed it with this one about only wanting to be friends with benefits. The lyrics. The melody. Her voice. Just wow.

My favorite lyric: "Are you down? Can you let me know?"

fake smile

Everyone can relate to this one. It's simply about not being able to fake a smile or act like you're okay when you're not. We've all been there.

My favorite lyric: "I'm happy for love and all of the above"

bad idea

This one is so catchy it's insane. Detailing the "bad idea" she has to numb pain she's feeling, this one is sure to be a fan favorite.

make up

I love how genius this one is. It's a play on words in regards to making up with someone in a relationship, and the make up you wear.

My favorite lyric: "Promise me that when you kiss my lips, you'll make it stick"

ghostin

Everyone knows what ghosting is, not to be "that person", but our generation is really good at it. Ghostin is about being with someone who wishes you would just ghost someone from your past.

My favorite lyric: "I know that it breaks your heart when I cry again"

in my head

Sis snapped. The beat is so good. This one's about being in love with the idea of a version of someone that you've created in your own head.

My favorite lyric: "I thought that you were the one, but it was all in my head"

7 rings

Okay, everyone has to know this one already. Essentially it's a BANGER about focusing on your friends instead of a relationship. I'm not the only one who thinks it's a banger, either, since it went number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

My favorite lyric: "You like my hair? Gee thanks, just bought it"

thank u, next

The song that started this entire new era! We all know this one, and the music video is iconic.

break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored

First of all can we just talk about this song title? Okay, Ari! It's about exactly what it sounds like.

My favorite lyric: "You can call me crazy 'cause I want you"

All I'm saying is this entire album SLAPS. Thank u, Ariana.