15 Must-Download Apps For College Students

15 Apps For College Students That Will Absolutely Save Your Life, And Links To Download Them

Head over to the App Store ASAP!

91

College makes every aspect of life seem way harder than it is. It is stressful, but there are tools right at your fingertips that will help you out. Your lifeline and biggest lifesaver is your phone, so let it be that for college, too!

1. Photomath

This app takes pictures of your math problems, solves it for you and then explains how they did it. It won't do your word problems, but as long as you can meet it halfway there, you will get your answers.

It is available on the App Store and Google Play.

2. Coursicle

If a class you desperately need or a class with a professor you really want is full, download Coursicle and it will tell you as soon as a spot opens so you can dive into it. If you want to keep an eye on more than one class, you will have to pay, but it isn't much and it is so worth it!

3. Quizlet

Quizlet has flashcards, study guides and even sometimes answers for every subject imaginable! There's no way any college student has gotten through without it.

it is available on the App Store and Google Play.

4. My Study Life - School Planner

My Study Life will help you keep your stuff organized and in tiptop shape because college is chaotic and you're a mess. If you put your schedule into the app and tell it when you have assignments, it will remind you and keep everything color coded.

5. Chegg Study

Chegg usually has the cheapest textbooks and eBooks, and with the app, you can take those eBooks anywhere. It also comes with a study assistant. For some features, you may have to pay for a subscription but it's well worth it.

6. UNiDAYS

UNiDAYS is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get. It has all kinds of discounts for college students. Just put in your school email and it gives you gift cards, discount codes and coupons to use for so many things! They have deals for everything from food, to cosmetics, to technology.

7. Venmo

Everyone in college is trying to split checks a million ways, divide the pizza money and get their money back, but no one ever seems to have cash. But what everyone does have is Venmo, which is the easiest way to send and request money. It is in the same family as Cash App, PayPal and Zelle, but it seems to be the most popular amongst college students.

8. Amazon

This is obvious, but it has every right to be on this list because it's been saving the lives of college students for quite some time now. With the discount students get for Prime and how quick and convenient the app is, running out of things while at school isn't a problem!

9. Sweatcoin

This app pays you with its digit currency, Sweatcoin, just for walking outdoors. If your college campus is big enough and you do enough walking, you could really rack up. It doesn't transfer to cash, but you can buy things from their "store" within the app, which is better than walking for nothing but class.

It is available on the App Store or Google Play.

10. Starbucks

If you're in college you need caffeine, therefore, you'll need Starbucks. Why not earn stars toward free drinks since you'll be drinking it regardless?

11. Groupon

Groupon is good for so many reasons. If no one knows what to do, you can use the app for inspiration for something to do. It has deals and coupons for so many things you may not have thought about.

12. Pinterest

Pinterest brings out the creativity in everyone. It can bring inspiration for dorms, apartments, or just getting your life straightened out and organized.

13. GroupMe

GroupMe is the quintessential college app. Before you start classes, you'll probably be involuntarily thrown into about four of these groups, but by the end of the semester, it will be the only way you communicate with people in your classes and so many others. It is the easiest way to find people, throw them in a group chat together and then become friends. But, you can also have private conversations as well.

14. Rate My Professors

This gives students the most accurate descriptions of professors because they are given by your peers. With the app, you can be linked to your school, major and classes you want to take. It then suggests the best professors and allows you to compare multiple professors at once. It even tells you if attendance is mandatory, if the textbook is used, the difficulty of the class and pretty much anything else one could care to know.

15. Tasty

Tasty is the best for recipes because most of the foods on it are things college students will want to eat and actually have the ability to pull off. The resources for students are minimal, so the easier the better. Also, you can request meatless options!

It is only available on the App Store.