11 Of My Best Decisions In College Thus Far

Decisions that I have made in college that will shape my future in a positive way.

178
Serena Foote

After finishing my sophomore year in college, I have reflected on how I've grown as a person. There is no doubt that college is tough, but it is also beholds some of my best years so far.

1. Choosing to go college in a different state.

Quicken Loans Basketball GIF by Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans - Find & Share on GIPHY Giphy

Moving across the country has given me so many amazing opportunities and amazing people.

2. Having an on-campus job that I learned from.

Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center

Working as a banquet server at the Kellogg hotel has taught me so many things.

3. Choosing to live in my sorority house.

Serena Foote

A year living with 48 girls gave me memories I'll never forget.

4. Going pretty much ‘blind’ when picking my freshman year roommates!

Serena Foote

Always thankful for my freshman year roommate and forever friend- Allexa Nash. Rooming with someone I never met before led to this beautiful friendship.

5. Creating Relationships with Important Mentors/Professors

Serena Foote

I highly recommend doing this for yourself.

6. Saying ‘Yes’ to being set up for a hayride!

Serena Foote

Who would've thought?

7. Introducing myself to new people in class.

Serena Foote

This is how I met my best friend, Mary Beth. But it was the other way around.

8. Staying in more than going out!

Serena Foote

Some of the best nights were the ones where we'd watch vines for hours...

9. Living with a best friend who tolerates me (; ... for 3 years in a row!

Bridget Ells

Best friend, roommate, same thing.

10. During my second year, calling my mom more often than not.

Serena Foote

After all, I do always have things to say, whether she wants to hear it or not!

11. Saying ‘Yes’ to new things in general.

Serena Foote

Holding the position of Director of Event Operations for COM 490. Choosing to write for the Odyssey and becoming a content creator. Along with finding a passion for volunteering and walking in the VIM fashion show. All of these things pushed me out of my comfort zone and allowed me to be proud of myself!