Apps Every College Student Needs

Apps Every College Student Needs

Surviving College One Click At A Time

10
Apps Every College Student Needs
Google Images

Finals week is quickly approaching for most of us, so how are you really going to survive long nights in the library without these apps?

Instagram

Pics or it didn't happen, right?

School Email

I keep a separate email app solely for my school email so it's easy to check. Tip: Check your school email 2-4 times a day because professors and organizations send emails very frequently. The worst is when you wake up for that dreadful 8 a.m. class that was cancelled simply because you didn't check your email. This is especially handy now with registration deadlines and impending final exams.

Canvas / Blackboard

Whichever program your school uses to upload grades, it's essential to have the app on your phone to know your impending assignments, grades, and readily contact your professors.

Facebook

Now that Facebook status's are a thing of the past, you're probably wondering, why this is necessary. Most schools have Facebook pages for different organizations or events, like your graduating class group.

GroupMe

Going hand-in-hand with Facebook, this is where large group chats can be formed so you don't miss out on anything important. For example, I have different groups for the USF Odyssey community as well as my sorority. Also, you can message people individually if you don't have their number.

LinkedIn

At the very least, make an account for this website. With LinkedIn you can create a profile, which is essentially your resume, for potential employers to view. You can add your work experience, education, and contact information for possible job offers. You may think you don't need it now, but it will prove to be crucial in the future.

Venmo

The "broke college student" stereotype is very real my friends. If you're someone like me, Venmo is a lifesaver considering I never carry cash. It is linked to your debit card and provides safe transactions from person-to-person. After your payment or recieve a payment from a friend, the amount with go or be taken directly from your bank account.

Uber / Lyft

Everyone has those nights where they know they can't drive home and your roommate already fell asleep, so these two apps are literally lifesavers. Uber is available basically anywhere with fairly reasonable prices. It also cut the awkward payments, so now everything is on the app when you connect a credit card.

Postmates / Uber Eats

These apps provides food delivery services from major restaurants. While both of these apps are expanding, they are available in most major cities across the United States. Who actually wants to get up to get food nowadays, especially when it be delivered to your door? McDonalds, pizza, tacos, you name it these two probably have it. Don't have time to take a study break at the library during finals week? Have Uber Eats or Postmates deliver your choice of late night food to the library.

Spotify / Pandora

Even if the library has silent floors, some people aren't so silent. So making your own personalized playlists or stations to study to are essential for college students. Not just studying, but make a playlist to workout to, read to, get ready to. You name it, you can find music to go with it.

Care.com

Looking for a flexible job to help pay for.. Pretty much everything you need in college? Look no further as Care.com is a babysitting app that allows prospective families and babysitters communicate. Families will post their job with the required hours and preferences and babysitters can apply easily and quickly. Not only families but you can also find pet-sitting jobs on the app as well.