A Thank You To My Best Friends

A Thank You To My Best Friends

I am so grateful for them

12
A Thank You To My Best Friends
Find Motivation Today

Making genuine friendships is extremely difficult for millennials today. Many, if not all of us, are on cell phones constantly. We miss moments to build friendships and make memories because we look down and are engrossed in our own digital worlds. With that being said, I want to thank my best friends who I know will always make time for me and be there in my times of need. I have built sincere relationships with them and trust that they will put me first when I need them to.

To my best friend circa 2000, thank you. Thank you for actually having my back for sixteen years of my life, and for checking up on me after we don't talk for long stretches of time. I am grateful that you are so understanding of my hectic, busy schedule. You understand that just because we have not talked in awhile does not mean that we are no longer close friends. Thank you for always listening to me when I need to vent, and for keeping my best interest in mind. Thank you for the laughter. Thank you for inviting me over your house for countless sleepovers. I will always cherish the fun times we had doing arts and crafts, playing in the woods behind your house, making forts, sledding down the big hills, playing on the swing set, riding those weird cat/chipmunk looking spring riders, jumping on the trampoline, and riding scooters down the driveway. Thank you for running errands with me, shopping, and going on Dunkin Donuts runs. Thank you for sticking with me all these years. I hope many, many more great memories are to come.

To my college friends, thank you. You have given me hope that there are people who genuinely care about me. High school was a rough time for me, but I can move past it because I have you guys. You drop what you are doing to help me out or cheer me up when I’m upset. You are silly, goofy, crazy people, but you help me realize when I need to take a break and just have some fun. Thank you for wanting to spend time with me; I know I can be a stick in the mud sometimes. I hope our friendships grow even stronger and that we come up with many more inside jokes.

To my boyfriend, thank you. You have been the love of my life and a best friend to me for five and a half years. Thank you for the lovely gifts you buy and the dinners you’ve paid entirely for. Yes, when you spend money on me it makes me happy, but thank you for all of the priceless memories and time you have spent with me. Thank you for choosing me five and a half years ago when I was an awkward adolescent. Thank you for getting to know me during those fun little talks by the riverside, during our first awkward date at the mall, and during all of those long, late night phone calls. We have both grown as people and it has been a great experience growing with you.Thank you for encouraging me and boosting my confidence. Thank you for picking me up when I am down. Thank you for loving and caring for me non-stop for so long. I cannot wait for all of the experiences we will have in the future together.