The Surprising Health Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar

This tart beverage is nature's miracle cure

27
bragg.com

You may have noticed that there's been a little bit of a buzz about Apple Cider Vinegar and the myriad health benefits it can offer. If you’re wondering how in the world vinegar might be beneficial to your health, then this is the post for you.¹

And if you’re already well aware of the benefits of using raw apple cider vinegar, then I apologize for being patronizing, but, hopefully, this post will provide you with a platform to contribute your own unique experience using apple cider vinegar.

The information that I’m providing is by no means exhaustive, I’m not a doctor, nutritionist or licensed health professional.² This post is based on personal experience and I’d love to hear how it has personally helped you! So if you already use, or have used, apple cider vinegar in your daily regimen, then please comment below with your experience, be it positive or negative.

Here’s one comment I received from a reader:

You can drink it, and mix it in foods or beverages. You don’t need a lot- one or two tablespoons at a time. I’m beastly, so I just swig it straight from the bottle like a savage.³

I like it plain, but I like ok LOVE! vinegar anyway.

Seriously, when I’m cleaning with Distilled White Vinegar (which is, by the way, an Eco and Budget-Friendly Choice F.Y.I.), I get the whole Pavlovian response going.

It’s really kinda sick.

Sorry I told you that.

Note: This vinegar needs agitation (A.K.A. shake the bottle) because the “mother” (that weird cloudy stuff) settles at the bottom of the glass.

To actually glean the health benefits from vinegar, it needs to be raw, organic and unfiltered. You actually want to be seeing a disgusting brown blob of cloudy matter in your bottle. That is where all the probiotics and other beneficial bacteria reside.

Now then, if you didn’t grow up dipping artichoke heads in bowls full of Redwine vinegar and don’t positively salivate at the thought of consuming even a teaspoon of this stuff, it’s easy to make it palatable.

You can add stevia leaf that is zero calories and totally natural).<—You probably already know what I am talking about there. Or you can add honey if you prefer, add it will have an antibiotic benefit but with added sugar calories. Check out my stevia post on "Stevia & Smoothies" !

How to Sweeten Naturally:

I located a recipe for the “Bragg Healthy Cocktail” on their website. They recommend that it’s consumed first thing in the morning and then a second time later in the day.

2 teaspoons of raw, organic apple cider vinegar, and if you need a sweetener, use organic honey, 100% maple syrup, or molasses to taste. If you are diabetic, use the sweet substitute stevia.

This is designed to flush out wastes that are clogging the organs of elimination, the bowels, lungs, skin, and the kidneys. Take it at least twice a day, and you will start to see changes like increased energy, soft skin, and decreased muscle and joint aches from exercise. Make sure you use raw, organic vinegar, never dead, distilled vinegar because the natural enzymes, minerals, and nutrients are destroyed in the distilling process. -Bragg Live Foods

Besides improved gut health and, theoretically, mental heath, there are a LOT of positive effects taking apple cider vinegar can have on your health. I will list a few here, but, again, the information is not exhaustive and I encourage you all to chime in with your experiences in the comments section below.

Some Health Benefits from RAW A.C.V.

• It could lower your blood pressure by a few points.
  • It can help your muscles produce energy more efficiently.
  • It can help prevent overeating by maintaining a “fuller” feeling longer.
  • It balances your body’s pH levels.
  • The probiotics and other beneficial bacteria can also support immune function.
  • In some studies, reported links to Autism symptoms improved (with improved GI health correlation).
  • In some studies, reported links to depression symptoms improved (with improved GI health correlation).

Have you tried it?

Do you use Raw Apple Cider Vinegar regularly? In what way?

How has Raw Apple Cider Vinegar improved your health?