Any Body Is A Summer Body

We are constantly surrounded with what we think is perfection. But who exactly came up with the ideal definition of perfection?

We see models and celebrities with toned stomachs and the epitome of the perfect body. But by who's definition? I've been at the beach with my friends all week and have seen girls who fall into the category of that perfect body. I've also seen girls who, by some people's standards, maybe should have put that bikini back for something a little less revealing.

Some might say I could fall into that category. But what some people don't understand is the fact that you never know what someone is going through. You might not know how long it took that bigger girl to work up the courage to wear that two-piece bathing suit in public and feel proud of herself.

I can understand her; I've always been somewhat bigger than my friends. Always taller. Always wearing clothes a little looser and a little less revealing just because I know what compliments my figure and what I feel comfortable in. And that's the key to embracing yourself: you have to find a way to love the skin you're in and learn not to compare yourself to other girls that might be that epitome of perfection.

Comparing your body and your flaws to those of someone else is the worst way to tear yourself down. And even if you don't love the skin you're in, find a way to fix it. Change can only come from within and constantly complaining about your own imperfections without making a change won't fix the problem. I personally couldn't care about my figure.

Yeah, I could stand to shed a few pounds or lose some inches on my waist, but so what? If I love myself and I love to eat what I chose, then that's my choice. We as a society have to stop placing these women on pedestals and making ourselves feel less than them just because we might not have that hourglass shape or that toned belly.

So if you feel hesitant about buying that bathing suit or that crop top, girl buy it and wear it and own that fit that some people might say isn't made for girls your size. Because if you feel beautiful and confident, people will see you as just that.