Don't Settle For Anxiety And Stress During The Pandemic, It's Only Making You More Vulnerable

Stressed, anxiety attacks, no sleep, and you feel like you're losing it? Don't worry, you are not alone.

20

Here are a coupe things to do to have better health, even in the middle of this pandemic.

Exercise 

Being stuck at home in the middle of a pandemic will drag us to be lazy. Why not use the extra time we have to work out and stay fit? They say it's better to do your workouts in the morning. I agree in my opinion. Once I wake up, I start working out in my room and that helps me have more energy during the day.

Eat Healthier

During this pandemic, I'm trying to go low on the junk food and actually started grocery shopping for healthier foods. Our meals should be based on higher fiber starchy carbohydrates which includes, having potatoes, bread, rice or pasta on your plate. It is also recommended to to eat at least five portions of variety of fruit and vegetables everyday. My challenge is cutting down on saturated fat and sugar. Trying to say no to my chocolate. To have a normal blood pressure try to not add too much salt on your foods. Mostly start drinking water and reach the 6 to 8 glass limit.

Start A Journal

They say writing in your journal relieves stress. It helps you "brain-dump" your anxieties, frustrations, and pains in the journal. It keeps your thoughts organized and more apprehensive. Writing in your journal allows yourself to self-reflect on gratitude or just what you did for the day. Journaling is a good way to help us to stop, take a step back, relax, breathe, and just reflect on ourselves. We can look back at our life in a journal and think about how we've changed and what we can do to improve ourselves. Besides relieving stress, it also unleashes your creativity.

Meditation

If writing in your journal seems like it's not calming your stress, your anxiety, the next thing you can try is to do is meditation. Meditation is essential to feel well and live a happy life. It can help us eliminate negative thoughts, worries, anxiety, all factors that can prevent us from feeling happy. It has been proved that the practice of meditation carried out on a regular basis will mitigate the symptoms of stress and anxiety. Next time you are feeling stressed, take a mat and start meditating.

Sleep

Our favorite solution to pretty much everything is sleep. Sleep plays an important role in physical health. On a regular basis, we need to sleep for at least 8 hours. How many hours do you sleep? More than 6 or less than 6 hours? Did you know that ongoing deficiency is linked to an increased risk of heart disease, kidney disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and stroke? We can't be healthy if we don't sleep enough. Try to put soft music to make yourself go to sleep. Be off your phone an hour prior to going to bed to make it easy to fall asleep.