Be The Change You Wish to See

Be The Change You Wish to See

An Open Invite To Victims of Bullying

127
Be The Change You Wish to See
unsplash.com

Bullying is like a disease. Every insult makes you weaker. Every threat makes you more fearful, and every act of bullying makes you feel less empowered. You immediately want to escape reality and hide under a rock to avoid these hardships in life. We are too quick to believe what others say about us and stereotype ourselves into a negative light. It is no longer how you view yourself, but more importantly how your bully views you.

If you’re like me, you’ve sat in on many anti-bullying presentations that demonstrate the brutality as a victim and how one can make a difference by sticking up for themselves or someone who is being victimized. While there are many people who listen and become truly inspired to make a difference, there are always those snoozy people in the back, lounged in their chair half asleep, nonchalantly listening to music through headphones. And, this may just be the problem. Bullying is not something that will resolve on its own, we ALL have to work toward removing it from our community.

Wendy Massey, a motivational speaker, strongly reiterates the matter and puts emphasis on the importance of multiculturalism and working together to achieve individual goals. Through her own experiences, she turns what was once negative into a positive. Being a victim of extreme bullying has shaped her into the confident and inspirational person she is today, ultimately allowing her to establish her own company, Someone Cares About Me, LLC, with the intent of creating an anti-bullying movement. Not only did this experience encourage her to test her limits and start a business, she also launched her own video, “I’m Happy Being Me”, shedding light on the issues of bullying and its effects.

While some victims are scarred for life, others take their experiences and use it to their advantage. Rather than dwelling on the matter and viewing her struggle as one that negatively shapes her future and outlook on life, Wendy sees the positive in the issue and motivates others who may be in the same boat to look at their dark past as a good thing. All of us, whether faced with a bully or not, could talk about the issues surrounding the matter and give insight. However, it is only the people who truly know what it feels like to be unaccepted and targeted that know how to speak and get a reaction.

On Thursday, March 22nd, 2018, speaker Wendy Massey is presenting her, “I’m Happy Being Me” Video Premiere, starting at 6pm to 9:30pm. The reveal will take place at Springfield Country Club, 400 W. Sproul Road, Springfield, PA 19064.

Any further questions, do not hesitate to call Cynthia Ericson at (610) 505-3503

If you or someone you know has been a victim of bullying, this is an inspiring video you won’t want to miss! Hear what Wendy has to say and make the change you wish to see in your community.