Why Animal Lovers Should Boycott The Circus

If these were humans, would you still go?

139
Madison Ballou-Shea

The Ringling Brothers Circus has been around for a long time. Entertaining families, making children laugh, lighting up our eyes with acrobats and tricks, and abusing their circus animals.

The Ringling Brothers Circus has gone under multiple investigations over their abuse and mistreatment to the animals forced in their care. So lets not act like these recent years are the only years the animals have suffered absue. Abuse is ripping these animals away from their families and forcing them to do tricks for the audieneces amusement. Beating them with bullhooks. Locking them in small cages where they are surrounded by their own filth. This has been going on since the beginning.

There is no willing animal that will go into an enviroment of abuse and neglect. Animals belong in the wild, that is there home. All the lies "trainers" tell you about how happy these animals are, how they "saved" them... lies, lies, lies. If their intrest was in the best of the animals, the animals would be in an open enviroment. They would be able to have access to food and water, and a sanctuary where they are not beaten. Instead they can have enough space to wander as they please.

The Ringling Brothers Circus IS NOT a sanctuary. Rather a hell for these animals.

PETA has hired private investigators to investigate the nature and enviroment these animals live in. The results were disturbing. Animals surrounded by their own filth, unable to move, smushed against eachother. Scars from beatings and even video footage of a man training another employee on how to use a bullhook. The video reminds me of Negan in The Walking Dead. "Then you just take the bullhook and stick it under there and BOOM!"

And this does not just regard to The Ringling Brothers Circus, there are circuses all over the world that abuse their animals. A circus is not the place for an animal. Why cant we just watch acrobats preform? Watch bikers do tricks? Laugh at clowns and have a great time where no animal has to suffer.

How can you help? Spread the word.

Make people aware of what they are seeing, protest outside of circuses and let audience members know what their money is going to... supporting the mistreatment of innocent animals. I know from when I protested, there were multiple familes that requested refunds once they realized what happens behind the curtains.

There is plently we dont know, but I think we know enough to say that this is abuse. Circuses are hell for ALL animals and it is a blessing that Ringling Brothers has been shut down.

But this is not the end of our fight, there are many more circuses. Ones we dont know about. Use your voice and fight for those who cannot speak, be a protecter. And stop attending the circuses.

The animals will thank you.