Angriest Pop-Punk/Punk Rock Songs For College Students
Music

The 10 Angriest Pop-Punk/Punk Rock Songs For The Angsty College Student

A great playlist for when you're pissed off because you have a paper, an exam, and a presentation due all in the same week.

2303

Are you ready to get angsty? Here's your playlist:

Green Day — "Know Your Enemy"

Feeling irritated towards the amount of work you've been assigned? The staple song for cognitive dissonance everywhere. From an album that revolved around angst and anger towards authority, it's the perfect song for you when feeling rebellious or just downright mad. Although, you might not want to blast this in class out of protest for an assignment, save that for your dorm room as a way of coping with the amount of stress you might have. "Know Your Enemy," the enemy being procrastination because it gets the best of us sometimes.

Pup — "Dark Days"

Feeling down from everything life's been throwing at you the past few months? From the punk band based in Toronto, with their raunchy sound and vocal grit, makes this a great song. Everyone will have some feeling of "Dark Days" at their time in college, so this song is just for that.

Sum 41 — "In Too Deep"

Feeling stressed about your workload? Whether you've watched MTV in the '90s, "American Pie 2," and/or "Malcolm In The Middle," you what I'm talking about when I list this song on here. Sum 41 can be summed up as basically the band that started the wave of angst for the younger generation, and this song is a pinnacle of it. Understandably, in college, many of you may feel "In Too Deep" with your coursework, but just know you can do it if you work hard and stay focused.

The Story So Far — "All Wrong"

Feeling mad because you don't seem to understand the lessons? There is no doubt that The Story So Far makes some of the angriest songs. These guys can even make acoustic songs sound angry. This list could have easily been entirely made up of The Story So Far songs, but I wanted to give you some variety. You may get back a test or assignment saying you've got it "All Wrong," but don't let that get you down. Pick yourself up and keep headstrong.

A Day To Remember - "Right Back At It Again"

Still feeling down about the last test you took an L on? A Day To Remember may hang on the heavier side of the pop-punk scene, but nonetheless, they never fail to lift up your spirits with their relatable lyrics about determination and bettering yourself as a person. Think of this as a learning lesson, if you fail just pick yourself up and get "Right Back At It Again."

Knuckle Puck — "Pretense"

A band that is completely based around angst, Knuckle Puck is known for their very heavy, emotional lyrics and hard-hitting rhythms. Any time you're caught in your feels or just feel like you can't deal with any school work at the moment, try listening to some Knuckle Puck and relax a little. (Sorry I couldn't figure out a pun for this one.)

Trophy Eyes — "Hourglass"

Due dates coming up and worrying about them? Trophy Eyes always puts their heart and soul into their driving, fast-paced beats and emotional, relatable lyrics. Don't be surprised or embarrassed if you catch yourself silently singing along to this song, we won't judge. Sometimes with all these assignments and deadlines we feel as if our "Hourglass" is running out, but have faith in yourself and persevere.

The Wonder Years — "Came Out Swinging"

One of the band's greatest statements was "I don't even know what I'm upset about," if you fall under that category then this may be the song for you. Go ahead, dance violently in your dorm or chill on your bed and look up at the ceiling, anything to make you feel better and clear your mind. You "Came Out Swinging" for the first few weeks of school, don't let the momentum stop now. Believe in yourself!

The Story So Far — "Quicksand"

Aw, yes, another The Story So Far song. Although, I feel as if it's an injustice not to put this song on the list. I know you don't really want to hear about them again so I'll keep it brief. You may feel like all the work you're doing is like "Quicksand" that's pulling you under, but you need to lift yourself up and know that everything will be OK.

Blink-182 — "Dammit"

Now I know that Blink-182 isn't really known for being an "angry" sort of band, but you can't deny that this song just sounds angry and angsty like every teen in the '90s. If you aren't feeling the song, hopefully, you'll laugh at the music video because it is pretty ridiculous. Sometimes you may stop and think, "'Dammit,' what am I doing wrong," but seeking help when you need it and keeping a good attitude about things helps out a lot through the journey.

College life can get the best of us sometimes, but it is important to stay positive even if it may seem hard to do so. For me, music has always been my escape when feeling overwhelmed and/or stress out, so hopefully, this list will help you like it has for me.