21 Struggles Every Pop Punk Kid Has Faced

"I'm trying hard, real hard, every day not to lose my temper." -TSSF

441
YouTube

Pop punk has been around for quite a few decades, but the cult following has never changed.

In the modern age, pop punk can be defined as a nonstop pizza party where everyone wants to be tough and cool, but they're all soft little flowers in reality.

Pop punk is so identifiable. Youtuber Jarrod Alonge has created a pop punk parody band that's extremely accurate -- and catchy. He's also created an "Every Pop Punk Vocalist" video which is just about perfect in depicting band members.

Needless to say, pop punk is pretty consistent. Every fan has experienced similar situations. Being the fragile flowers we are, we've also experienced many of the same problems.

These are some truly tragic struggles every pop punk fan has been through.

1. You can't decide which flannel to wear when it gets cool outside.

2. You don't have enough friends to put together an acoustic pop punk bonfire sesh.

3. Your nose ring broke or you lost the ball to your septum ring.

4. The windbreaker your favorite band is selling is sold out in your size.

5. You can't afford a Penny board.

6. Sally's Beauty Supply doesn't have the right color of Manic Panic in stock.

7. You missed a sale at Vans.

8. The record store doesn't carry vinyl for your favorite band.

9. You didn't hear about that secret show happening downtown in time.

10. You're not sure how to fill in the blank for a "Stay ______" tattoo.

11. That one song reminds you of your ex too much.

12. Actually, that whole album reminds you of your ex too much.

13. You want to get out of your town, but you also love it a lot too???

14. You don't have enough friends to sing gang vocals.

15. You don't know if you should buy a pizza or records.

16. You ran out of room for stickers on your laptop.

17. The Warped Tour lineup isn't pop punk enough.

18. You want to go to a living room show, but no one's performing in living rooms.

19. You want to mosh, but you're also a fragile baby or something like that.

20. You have a hard time finding people who like the same eras or styles of pop punk as you.

21. You cry thinking about if you couldn't #DefendPopPunk.