An Open Letter to My Younger Self

Dear You,

There is so much I wish I could tell you, but I can't ruin the wonderful surprises the future will bring. Even though I am only a little bit older, and a little bit wiser, I hope you can find some advice that can help you.

I know that you want to grow up and catch up to your siblings, but please don't. Never rush and enjoy being a carefree kid, after all, life is not a race. Go play silly games on the playground and meet new friends every day. Take advantage of all the opportunities that cross your path in school, try new things, and appreciate every second because you can't turn back the clock.

Stop comparing yourself to other people. You are you, and I promise one day that will be more than enough. It won't always be easy figuring out who you are, and even today I am still figuring that out, but it's ok! Always stay strong and don't change who you are for your friends, or boys, or anyone in general. You are so many things that other people aren't and by comparing yourself to others, you are missing out on truly great things. One day people who understand you will come along and love you unconditionally. Sure it will take some time to get there, but through the ups and downs you'll gain more than you lose. With that being said, don't waste your time searching for love from other people. Learn to love yourself first. Anyways, I promise that love will come from the most unlikely place.

Take advantage of being home. Something so simple is a huge thing we all take for granted. Appreciate home cooked meals that are eaten after grace. Appreciate running errands with your parents, even if the one-hundredth trip to home depot might kill you (I promise it won't). Love every second of dry, unpredictable Nevada weather, and more importantly, just be more appreciative for how/ where you were raised. You are so extremely blessed, show your gratitude more often.

Much like all aspects of life, there will be rough patches with the things you love. No matter what, never ever stop chasing your dreams. Every day, be grateful you have the opportunity to pursue them, but more importantly, work harder to achieve them. You are lucky enough to have an amazing support system who believes wholeheartedly in you, and between that and you, nothing can stop you. Always remember, "Do what you love, and love what you do," the rest will end up being a piece of cake.

Keep doing you because you are pretty great at it,

Love You, From You.