An Open Letter To Those I Love

An Open Letter To Those I Love

Hopefully We Can Come To A Mutual Understanding

98
An Open Letter To Those I Love
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/09/13/636408653155384576-1667195587_do-you-love-me_personalityhacker.jpg

To some, it may seem like I am writing about a lost cause. To others, they may be questioning who this open letter is intended for. Some may be confused why I am even writing this letter to begin with. As I begin to write this letter, I leave you, the reader, with this. This letter is to the family members that pushed me to try to become the best me and pushed me to go to College.

To my family with Love,

Over the last four years, I have gotten further and further into my college degree. I have slaved over textbooks, killed myself working long hours, and have drained myself by becoming a part of several clubs and extracurriculars.

Over the last four years, I've run myself thin, cried many tears, had many sleepless nights, and kept pushing through.

Over the last four years, I've been working towards getting a degree that I honestly don't have any interest in using.

While so many good things have come from the last four years, like making new friends and making amazing connections, I've also racked up a ton of debt for a degree that very well could end up very well not getting used.

The friendships that I've made, the connections I've made, the work experience that I've had, that's just about the best things that have come of these last four years. I'm not complaining about the few good things that have come of these last few years. I'm actually extremely grateful for those few aspects. The good aspects of these last four years are not what I want to focus on though.

I've learned a lot over the last four years. I've changed my major two different times since I've been here, as well as adding two minors. I've experienced so much during my time in each of the different majors. I've come to find some of my favorite subjects, as well as some that I don't enjoy as much. I've found out so much more about myself in the last four years than I ever wouldve imagined. I've had time to try to figure out what I want to do in life.

While no one really knows exactly what they want to do with their lives, no matter what age they are, I still feel like I'm one step closer to at least trying to figure things out for myself. I've come so much closer to figuring out what my passions in life are.

These last four years, I've also started to see how the real world is going to be treating me as well. I've seen how difficult it can be to live out in the real world. This world can be so cruel to those that try to do this world good. This world is able to be conquered by anyone who tries, but that doesn't change the fact that there is so much wrong with the world, including how fair the world is to those who inhabit it.

As I start my last full school grad to obtain a bachelors degree, I am realizing more and more that college wasn't the best track for me to go down. My passions are so diverse, but from the looks of it, no college degree will help me with the path that I'm wanting to go down. College isn't always the best option for everyone. There shouldn't be any issues with that. If college isn't the best option for someone, then it isn't the best option. Nobody can change the fact that sometimes College isn't the best route to go. In the world we live in today, it seems like a Bachelors is the same as a high school diploma once was. It almost seems that in the near future, a masters degree might even be the equivalent to what a high school degree once was. Just because we have so many jobs that are looking for someone with a degree, doesn't mean that the jobs that don't require a degree are completely nonexistent. Jobs that don't require a degree still exist they are just harder to find than what they used to be.

While I appreciate my family wanting the best for me, and wanting to push me to be the best that I can be, it's time that I start living my life the way that God has planned for me. It's time that I start pushing my way towards my passions and using my passions to please the God that I serve instead of trying to please someone here on earth.

Sincerely,

An overly stressed 5th year College Student