An Open Letter To The Friends I Haven't Spoken To In Years

I wish you all the best.
35

Dear friends I haven't spoken to in forever,

I hope you are doing well! I hope you are getting everything out of life you have always wanted. I hope you still think of me, because I sure think of you. I think of everything we went through together. I think of how we grew up and had to figure this whole thing called life out.

I miss all the late night conversations we would have during our many sleepovers. I miss playing with dolls. I miss watching movies, like The Notebook, for the first time ever. I miss being able to call you and ask if you could hang out on Saturday. I miss working on homework together, which we always felt was so hard. I miss our study parties. Man, middle school was so difficult! *sarcasm*

I miss talking for hours and then breaking out into uncontrollable laughter. I miss getting to tell you stories from my past or about how I have a total crush on the guy who sits behind me in English class! I miss running away from our moms when they came to pick us up from each others' houses.

I miss going to the river together and riding on the tube and flying off into the water when we hit the enormous waves. I miss hanging out outside on the swings trying to see who could go higher. I was never brave enough to jump off.

I'll never forget the dances we put together and practiced for hours and hours for the talent show at school. I'll never forget how we all first met, and what we all thought of each other. I'll never forget the stupid fights we would get into because I did something to annoy you. I'll never forget how we would be able to sit in the same room, and not say a word to each other, but we knew how each other were feeling. I'll never forget book club and how only some of us actually finished the book. Let's face it, we only went to those meetings so we could play and hang out together and eat mac n cheese and drink Coke. I'll never forget getting ready for Cotillion together. We would all put on our pretty dresses and white gloves, and after we would all go to Coldstone for ice cream.

I regret not staying in touch with you. I'm sorry I didn't call you or text you when I moved to another school. I'm sorry I stopped asking you to hang out. I'm sorry I ruined our friendship. I hope someday we can see each other again and remember all the memories we had together. I hope we can all laugh until we cry. I hope we can go on new adventures together someday.

I'm sure you have become even more beautiful, talented, and funny. I'm sure you have found new friends to call your best friends/sisters. But, remember, you will always hold a special place in my heart.

Love,

The friend who will never forget you