An Open Letter To My Mother

An Open Letter To My Mother

I'm where I am now because of you!

25
An Open Letter To My Mother
Nadia Clark

"I am always with you. Be brave, have courage and love life."

As the years go by I have come to realize that I have spent most of my time with my friends, going out, studying, or just being in my room watching television or Netflix. But now that I am in college, becoming an adult who's about to be in the real world soon, I realize that I wouldn’t be where I am today without one special person in my life, my mom.

Mom,

I want to start by telling you how much I love you. I know I don’t show it as much as I should, but when I do, that moment of saying “I love you” is the biggest moment we share together. You are the most important person that I have in my life, and you always will be. Starting from the beginning I have always looked up to you. You are my hero. I want to thank you for everything you have done for me. You have always lifted me up when I am down. You have never given up on me when I think that there isn’t anything else I can do. You are the strongest, bravest, more loving and caring woman I know, and you always put your family before yourself. You push yourself even when you don’t want to, and you have shown me so much in life. You have shown me that I can be whoever I want to be and that you will always be there to support me.

I also want to say, mom, that I am incredibly sorry for getting in those stupid fights that end up hurting you. I know I shut you out when I am down, when I feel like there is nothing else I could do. But you don’t deserve that and I know you are trying to help. Thank you. Being away from home has opened my eyes even more, no matter how far the distance you are always worried whether I am having a good time. You are always there for me, even when I am six hours away.

Someone once told me, "No matter your age, you always need your mom." That could not be any more true. I know that when I call, you will answer. I know that whatever melt-down I have on any given day, you will be able to calm me down, no matter how crazy it seems to you. I know that no matter who comes and goes in my life, you will always be a constant. I know that when I am still calling you twice a day ten years from now you will continue to listen and guide me through my life. And, I know that if one day I am half of the mother you have been to me, I will still be doing a really great job.

Mom, thank you for being you. Thank you for being my best friend. Thank you for being my shoulder to cry on. Thank you for being there for me when I feel like I am alone.

I love you more than you can ever imagine.

Love you Mommy,

Your Daughter!