An Open Letter To My 16-Year-Old Self

An Open Letter To My 16-Year-Old Self

It's almost over, pick up that crown and keep going.

73
An Open Letter To My 16-Year-Old Self
Pexels.com

To the 16-year-old girl that is probably at soccer practice right now, or driving around anywhere she could because she finally got her first car: Maybe you're out sneaking around with that boy that you knew wasn't good for you, but who ever listens to their parents at 16, right? Or just maybe you're in your room crying because those girls at school decided to be extra mean that day. Whatever you may be going through I'm here to tell you that when your mom and dad explains to you that it gets better and not to worry, they really know what they're saying.

I'm here to tell you that one day you'll finally be out of that small hometown that you may not appreciate right now (Maybe one day). You'll be going to college far away from home (well, only about 2 hours away), but you'll be pursuing a degree that you're passionate about. You'll be dating a man that is passionate about you and actually wants to be with you and before you say "no way, I'm not going to be with anyone because I want to be single in college" please give this man a chance because the distance he's willing to go for you will blow your mind. Plus, you two are kind of living together now (I know, weird right? Never thought that would happen) p.s. guys actually like you. So, please don't pay any attention to that boy that's going to break your heart before graduation and end up dating the girl that he cheated on you with. YOU DON'T DESERVE THAT!

You have your own apartment, your own job, you own your car and you even know how to do your makeup actually really well now. If you could see you now you wouldn't believe some of the things you've accomplished. You belong to an amazing sorority that is your home away from home. You have made amazing friends that are going to be your bridesmaids at your wedding and be by your side for the rest of your life.

YOU GET ALONG WITH YOUR PARENTS! I know, never thought that would happen right? You're actually very appreciative of the lengths that they're willing to go to see you succeed and pursue your dreams at school and in the future, even if they don't see it yet. You will actually miss them when you're away at college and miss that home cooked meal and not have to sacrifice your own money.

All in all, life is better...much better. You're happy, truly and genuinely HAPPY! So I know it sucks right now, I know high school doesn't feel like it's ever going to end, but it will. I'm not going to lie to you, you're going to be very happy with that guy you're with now, but no, he's not the one and he'll show you that eventually. He will teach you a lot though and he will teach you how to love the man you're with now even more. It was a blessing in a disguise. Everything that happens will be a blessing and when you get to where I am now you will thank your lucky stars that everything worked out just how it was supposed to.

xoxo love,

Brooke