An Open Letter To My Pets

An Open Letter To My Pets

Because I have animal withdrawal.

1
Stacie Rockhill

Ok, so you can't read and you can't speak English, but I think you know most of this anyways. You are all some of my favorite things in this world. College has given me such animal withdrawal that I have genuinely contemplated how difficult it would be to hide a cat in my dorm room.

Cindy-Hey old girl. We've been together for 13 years and I miss you so much. I even miss how freaked out and crazy you get when it's windy outside. I miss you coming and climbing in my bed when I'm upset (sorry Mom, I know she's not allowed on the furniture), pulling my arm out of my socket anytime you see anything move outside, and doing that thing where you headbutt my hand until I remember to pet you again. I know your joints are getting older, and to be honest I don't miss when you jumped the fence 3 times a week, but to me you will always be the puppy we picked out when I was 5. Hang in there baby, I want to see you when I go home.

Shiloh-Hey puppers! I miss your hyper bouncing off the wall and squeaking your chew toy 24/7. Your drool gets kind of annoying but you are so cute that I even miss that. When I come home we can play with the red laser and your favorite tennis balls and run you till you sleep. Can't wait for all the doggy kisses!

Augie-Hey cat. I miss my fuzzy baby. You're probably annoyed by the cold weather back home because it means you can't be outside all the time. But that just means I get more time for you to lay on my chest or chase your toys around the house. Don't instigate the dogs too much while I'm gone, especially Cindy. I miss your motor boat purr and how you think you own the house. But let's be real, you do own the house. You should sleep on my bed instead of Allie's when I come back.