An Intervention For My Brain

An Intervention For My Brain

This procrastination needs to stop.
6

Okay, so we need to have a little talk. I don't know what you're doing but let's be real—you're kind of slacking off a bit. We both know what I'm talking about. Yeah, that's right—the procrastination situation. Since junior high, it's just gotten completely out of control. I don't know why you think it's a cute thing, but it's super stressful and I'm really not a fan of it. You have to cut it out before I go insane.

I mean, I can understand why you can't focus sometimes. We live in a world where everything else is way more interesting and entertaining than what we need to be doing. Especially if the homework that needs to be done is on the computer. That's just unfair. Because let's be real—the internet is an amazing place. You've got YouTube, Facebook, Tumblr, Netflix, Pinterest and so many other ridiculously wonderful websites that are so much more fun than homework. Not to mention the wonderland that is a phone—there are so many other things that can capture your attention like Snapchat, Instagram, text messages, games, apps and (my personal favorite) looking through old, embarrassing pictures. I know homework isn't very fun but c'mon, Brain. You can't just ignore it!

I'm going to be honest with you—it's not just homework that you can't focus on. You literally opened up a YouTube video while trying to finish this article. Not only that, you reminded me of an app that I haven't played in years and now, here I am playing that game and not finishing this article. Like, what's wrong with you?

I don't know what we are going to do if you can't just get me through these days easily. It's taking me a lot longer to do everything I have to do because you won't let me focus. All I need is for you to stop plaguing me with thoughts of other things that I should be doing rather than working on the task at hand. If you let me finish the tasks that I need to do, then I would have all the time in the world to play whatever ridiculous games you want me to play. That's how it works, and it's a really great deal, but we need to work together to get it to happen like that.

So, let me just put this out there. All I need from you is to let me finish my work on time and without a fight, and then we can spend the rest of the night doing whatever you want. How does that sound?

Hopefully this works out for the best and we both are happy. Because I don't think I can live with a brain that is going to fight me each and every day. We can come to a compromise. I know we can.

Until next time (hopefully there isn't a next time),

Sincerely,

Your Very Frustrated and Tired Body.

Cover Image Credit: https://www.google.com/search?q=procrastination+brain&espv=2&biw=720&bih=776&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiQyemVs5XPAhVDMSYKHSsQBrkQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=the+awkward+yeti+brain&imgrc=CFo4Pa8IFjuIVM%3A