American Horror Story's best quotes

American Horror Story's best quotes

13 quotes that will get you right in the feels

24035
American Horror Story's best quotes
collider.com

American Horror Story has many quotes that people often don't think about. They go ignored, but they all have really deep meanings behind them. Here are some of my favorite overlooked quotes from AHS!

Season 1: Murder House

1.) "I have long stopped asking why the mad do mad things."

Sometimes, humans as a whole question why people do the things they do. This quotes sums out how I deal with betrayal and indifference. You can't change people.

2.)"Now I understand. Tragedy was preparing me for something greater. Every loss that came before was a lesson."

As I grew up I lost a lot of friends, and now I realize why they are not in my life anymore. They were meant to be in that chapter of my life, but I'm now turning a new page.

Season 2: Asylum

3.)"The cruelest thing of all is false hope."

This quote can be applied to many situations. Whether it is a fatal prognosis from a doctor or hearing a rumor that your significant other is cheating on you, we all have the hope that it is not true. Sometimes, the hardest thing to accept is the truth.

4.) "I am tough, but I'm no cookie."

When women are called "tough cookies", I always laugh. Why would you compare us to food? We aren't objects. We can be tough without being called a "cookie" to soften the blow.

Season 3: Coven

5.)"I've been swimming against the tide my whole life. Look where it got me."

It just goes to show that sometimes it's better to go with the crowd than against it.

6.)"Feel the fear and the pain, let it all in, and then let it all go."

This quote is really great for people with severe anxiety. Whether it be a medical condition or just nervousness over a test, this is good advice for anyone going through a hard time.

7.) "Be in your nature."

For you to fully understand this quote, I have to give you some context. Zoe, a young witch, is trying to protect her coven from a horde of zombies. She has been kicking butt, using a chainsaw and basically saving everyone. However, she missed one of the zombies, and her chainsaw stopped working. She fell over, looked up at the zombie, and all of a sudden her entire demeanor changed. Her facial expression changed from sheer terror to looking strong and empowered. She was a new witch at the time, so what I'm about to tell you was unexpected and incredible. She looked up at him, held up her hand, and said "Be in your nature.". The zombie went back to being just a corpse and in doing so, she took down the voodoo queen who was controlling the apocalypse. How cool is that?

Season 4: Freakshow

8.)"The night allows the stars to shine and we come alive."

I personally feel so connected to the night sky, so this one rings true for me.

9.)"When bad things keep happening to good people, you start to question what is right and what is wrong."

This can be applied to any aspect in life, and it is the bitter truth.

Season 5: Hotel

10.) “Oh, honey. Goddesses don’t speak in whispers. They scream."

This quote is so empowering. For most of my life, I have tried to stay quiet. However, now I speak up. I stand up for myself, and it's a huge change!

11.) “You’d be amazed, the wondrous possibilities that could begin with a simple hello.”

Whether it be a friendship, relationship, or just making an acquaintance, your entire world can open up by introducing yourself.

12.) "An emotion is like a flavor in my mouth. I can taste it. Joy tastes like strawberries. Hate is like ice chips in a martini. And love is rosewater. I enjoy them all except for one. Betrayal. That has the taste of the char on a piece of burnt meat.”

So true, I love the imagery in this quote.

13.)"Your heart is beating like a hummingbird!"

This perfectly describes how I feel when I'm anxious, Evan Peters really nailed that one.

American Horror Story has many amazing and overlooked quotes. I hope this article convinced you to listen in! If you ever watch any of the seasons, keep your ears open. You might just find some truth in what is said!