Alternative Valentine's Day Plans

Alternative Valentine's Day Plans

In case you're flying solo this year, here are some other (better) things you can do.

14
Alternative Valentine's Day Plans

Another year, another Valentine's Day spent single. You know what I'm talking about. Those summer flings never seem to make it all the way to February and you're ready for your winter cuddle buddy to cuddle their way out the door. That's OK, too. Being single on Valentine's Day means that you don't have to deal with the stress of making a night perfect. You can literally do whatever you want to. After all, isn't freedom the best thing in the world? So, sit back and relax as I take you through all the possibilities that await you on a single Valentine's Day.

You can sulk

I mean... you can. I don't recommend this one, because whoever you're sulking over is completely not worth it!

You can have Galentine's Day

Thanks to "Parks & Rec," single women all over the world can now celebrate their own special holiday instead of Valentine's Day. What is Galentine's Day, you might ask?

But seriously, it is. It's a day for single gals to get together and brunch or shop or eat or anything they want to together! Who needs a significant other when you're surrounded by the best people you know?

You can have Treat Yo' Self 2016

Another "Parks & Rec" classic, Treat Yo' Self is the classic holiday where you literally do anything that makes you happy. For those with cash to spend, this one is probably your best bet. Money is no object on Treat Yo' Self 2016. Should you buy those $75 shoes you've been stalking online? Treat yo' self. Should you gorge yourself in your favorite take-out and try out all those ridiculous beauty remedies you saw on Pinterest? Treat yo' self. There is only one rule: Treat. Yo. Self.

You can be bold

Yes, this one seems scary, but I'm going to put it out there. Make your move! Text that cutie you know and tell them to meet you for drinks, or for dinner or for a game of ultimate Frisbee (I don't know what you're into and I don't judge...) Odds are they won't turn you down!

You can Tinder

If Tinder wasn't invented for last-minute Valentine's Day dates, then what was it invented for?

You can have a T. Swift-style dance party

You can get together with some of your closest friends, #squad, and bust out your Taylor-inspired dance moves. Turn on the music and just let go. It's only embarrassing if your friends are better dancers.

You can cook for yourself

If you want to avoid all those depressing restaurant proposals, stay in and cook for yourself. Check the latest Tasty video and practice your gourmet skills.

Literally anything, because Valentine's Day is pointless.

No, you're not bitter and angry if you don't like Valentine's Day! It just means that you don't have to indulge in all the silly, pointless crap that Hallmark sells to you in order to express your love and appreciation for those special people in your life. And, if you are single, embrace it. Chances are you won't be single for that long and you should live it up while you can!