SEC Preview: Alabama Vs. LSU (November 2018)

Alabama Vs. LSU: Who Will Take Death Valley?

Hey, Fightin' Tigers, Fight all the way. Play, Fightin' Tigers, win the game today.

221

As the day rolls closer, this Saturday we are going to have the biggest game at Death Valley versus our opponents Alabama. With both teams on a bye week, a lot has happened between each team's last game.

During the last quarter of the LSU vs. Mississippi State game, Devin White was flagged for "targeting" a Mississippi State player. Even after official review the flag still stood and Devin White was suspended for the rest of the Mississippi State game, and for the first half of the next game, which so happened to be the Alabama game. There has been many speculations and rumors on campus about that call specifically. One rumor is that ref that called that play specifically was an Alabama alumnus and felt it was only right to "disadvantage one of our best defensive players."

Now, of course, this is only what mad LSU fans are saying about the play, and are most likely making this up. However, because of this, there are multiple billboards posted out in Birmingham, Alabama (headquarters of the SEC) saying #freedevinwhite. Some say "this is a waste of money," however some people are supporting this and commenting on our fighting tiger mentality to show love and support for LSU but more specifically the LSU football team.

Last week Alabama played the Missouri Tigers, and without a shock, Alabama once again won their game so they can set their record to 7-0. Most SEC fans are not giving us the benefit of the doubt that there is no way that we can beat Alabama. Even ESPN believes that Alabama has a 78.6% chance of winning the game, giving LSU at 21.4% chance. At the same time, people also didn't believe that would win the Georgia game, but with the odds not in our favor, we proved them wrong as well. But most fans have seemed to agree that this game is going to be close, and anything could really happen.

One guarantee for this game is that Tiger stadium will be filled, there will be so many people cheering and energy will be like no other. This game is going to go down in history if the Tigers can pull off a win. I can't wait to see what will happen and as always GEAUX TIGERS!!