No Matter What, Do Not Be Afraid to Express Yourself

Do not be afraid to stand for what you believe in no matter how many are against it.

65

The most prevalent trait that I have carried throughout my entire life is the inability to express my thoughts and emotions. Even on paper, I feel like I can never fully get out what is hoarding my brain. It's kind of cool to have some things about my self that I only know but it can become extremely unhealthy to keep everything locked inside and never telling others how I truly feel. The more I keep in, the more isolated and lonely I feel.

I know I am not alone in this and that many struggle with it. The most extroverted people you know could be hiding the most.

One of the reasons people find it hard to express themselves is due to the fear of judgment from others. No one wants to get hurt or feel ashamed. So, just saying nothing, hiding everything that makes you stand out from the rests is a great way to make sure that doesn't happen.

But really, in the end, does it really matter what bunch of people who are struggling just the same think about your weird characteristics. No. Be goofy, stand up for what matters to you most and know that there is always someone out there who loves you for you.

Another reason we like to keep things hidden is that we don't think our opinion matters. There so many times in my life that I kept my mouth shut either because I was too afraid, did not want to put attention on myself, I did not think what I had to say was different than everybody else, or I just thought that it did not matter what I had to say.

Sometimes its okay not to always state your opinion on everything but in other cases it could really benefit others if you did. Your opinion could be just what someone needs to hear to comfort them or shed light on a situation. You could also see a different side of something that someone was trying to think of but couldn't.

If you do not express yourself and what you believe in you start to mold into the ones around. You start to do things that you do not believe in just because you are too afraid to tell others how you really feel. Its okay not to have the same values and beliefs as others.

Expressing yourself can also build a substantial amount of courage. It takes bravery to announce not only your beliefs but just your own personality. People will admire your ability to not care what the world around you thinks.

The world is a scary placed filled that scorns against anything that stands out, but that's okay, be yourself anyway. Maybe by being yourself you can impact and inspire those around you.