5 Affirmations For The One Who Never Got Closure From Their Ex, Because You Deserve More

Don't let one person hold you back from becoming the person you were meant to be.

2889

One of the most important things we can receive when coming out of difficult and trying times is closure, but not everyone is lucky enough to get that. A lack of closure can make heartbreak much more difficult to deal with because we're searching for something that we will never receive.

A lack of closure doesn't mean that you can't live your life to the fullest. The sun still rises and sets every day, giving you another chance to heal and become the person you are meant to be.

1. You will learn to let go of what you never received.

If you have received closure, that's amazing, and I hope that you are a little closer to being at peace with whatever has happened. If you haven't received closure for something that is weighing very heavily on you right now, the pain will not last.

I can't say if you will or will not get the closure you are looking for, but I promise that the weight gets lighter. You will forget what you once thought about every day. It won't happen overnight, but if you keep pushing for it, I promise that you will be better than before.

2. You are strong, even if you feel weak now.

You've been knocked down by this, but you won't stay down forever. This is a moment, a very valid and vulnerable moment, that will show and teach you things you never knew about yourself.

Fighting through the hurt, frustration, and tears will not be easy, but it's doable. I hope that you continue to fight through it. You won't be the person you are now; you will be someone stronger and wiser.

3. You are broken now, but time will heal you.

There's no "How to Deal With Heartbreak for Dummies," Trust me. If there was, we'd all have a lot of things figured out right about now. I can tell you that no matter how you heal, you will be able to pick yourself up and find yourself again.

You cannot rush time, and you can't slow it down; time passes and gives us the ability to heal when we need to. Take the time to actually listen to yourself and take care of yourself. Find and do what makes you happy and content, even if it's just for a moment.

4. You may not get the closure you want, but you just might get the closure you need.

Although the closure you want from a person may never make its way to you, there's a pretty good chance that the closure that you might actually need isn't going to be from them. The closure you might actually need will find you, or you may find it depending on where you're looking for it.

It might even be that the closure you need is from yourself, which is a big thing to work towards and accept. I hope it finds its way to you.

5. You will let yourself feel again.

Healing is a process, and not having closure about why things ended the way that they did can make this process so much more painstakingly slow. Once you heal, things that seemed so harmless or easy the first time around may be scary as we go back to it. That's okay.

Little by little, you will finally let yourself feel and do things that you used to again. You can and will let yourself be the new you that you've worked so hard to become and are still becoming. Growth doesn't stop at just one milestone, so keep going.