Those Adorable Gilmore Girls Are Back

Those Adorable Gilmore Girls Are Back

"My, how we have missed them [...] I've heard they're different now."

115
Those Adorable Gilmore Girls Are Back
Lilsebastain // tumblr

It's finally here.

After so many teasers and excitement, the "Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life" finally hit our Netflix screens.

Hitting my side of the nation at three in the morning, I was ready to see those adorable Gilmore girls. Yes, you bet I did that binge watch. By nine in the morning, I was overwhelmed with so many emotions. From the heartbreaking scenes about the late Richard Gilmore to crazy Stars Hollow musical, the revival was the season 7 of the show we never got. Now, there was just SO MANY THINGS. I did not expect so many storylines and their complexity. I am definitely not complaining, at all. So, here are some of my reactions/thoughts/favorite things I had about the revival. Caution: if you have not watched, what are you waiting for? GO AND WATCH and then come back to this!

1. The opening sequence

The first scene had me shedding tears already. It was the perfect way to introduce the show and due to Lauren and Alexis giving their 100%, you were able to feel what these actors might have felt in that moment; which was so grateful to be back doing what they love.

2. SUPER PROUD LUKE (& LORELAI)!

It was so refreshing to see that Rory was able to accomplish something big with her career in journalism. It was even more heartwarming to see how much a fmaily Luke x Lorelai x Rory are, still.

3. Rory's Struggling storyline with her career

It is not always easy with journalism and Rory has had the expectation that she has to be the one that goes farthest in life. To show that she was not accomplishing what everyone expected her to do is realistic. Not everyone understands her misguidance, but sometimes, you will be hit with the worst situations and something better will come out of it.

4. Emily Gilmore - Always being a queen

The whole course of the revival, Emily turned into a different person, and in a good way. After Richard's death, Emily seemed lost, but after finding herself, she turned into this person who seems more carefree and happy. She needed to have closure with the worst thing that ever happened to her. I can't wait to see her as a museum speaker.

5. The Gilmore circle will continue?

This toast is basically the foundation of the show. It was the story of Lorelai going against her parents and her parents using Rory to try to recreate what they never could with Lorelai. Each of these Gilmore women have gone and will go through the most complicated life situations, but in the end, it is clear they will always end up like their mother, the new and improved one.

6. MR. KIM???

This was just one of my favorite and most unexpected things.

7. Luke Rant #599450394603 and the BEST ONE YET.

This scene couldn't have been better. The speech had me in tears due to its passion and love. You can tell despite everything that has ever occurred on that show between them, Luke genuinely loves her so much. To see this after so many years is refreshing and makes me long for someone as passionate as Luke, TBH LOL.

8. Luke, Will You Marry Me? P.3

FINALLY.

9. Gilmore-Danes family dinner

So much went down season 6 because April was not allowed in Lorelai's life, but to see that they are now a family that communicates with each other and is involved is reliving.

10. PARIS

Her humor and determination even after so many years was a true asset to the show. I missed her so much and to see her pretty involved and still friends with Rory was the cherry on top.

11. Emily/Lorelai/Richard Closure

The way Lorelai never established a good relationship with her father throughout the show was heartbreaking. To finally see her let out her emotions and to her mother, the only one who wanted them to make them have closure, was heartbreaking. Kelly and Lauren evoked so much emotion and I was only taking out more tissues from my tissue box.

11. Unexpected emotional goodbye

Never paid much attention to Finn or Colin, but this scene was full of so much emotion.

12. Life & Death Brigade show

NGL, such a cinematic masterpiece. The shots and music and lights made this scene so interesting and fun. It was cute and a good break from all the drama.

13. I'm doing "Wild"

Lorelai's struggle with herself and going out to California to do "Wild" was such a Lorelai thing. Her failure in just trying to start her adventure were some good comedic scenes. Her actually finding herself, without doing the trail, was emotional.

14. Rory's book

When will it come out? For real though, to see Rory take another route in her career and write about her life and her mother's life will be intersecting since now she will be following some similar footsteps.

15. Richard's Office

The fact that Rory went to her grandfather's office to begin her book was heartwarming. You can tell she has so much appreciation for her grandparents and how they cared for her. She is using them, especially Richard, as inspiration and can close the question about Emily and Richard not caring about anybody in the family (what Lorelai felt).

16. Dean's farewell

So glad to see this couple get closure. This was the best closure of the three couples. Seeing Dean all grown up and mature is exactly the character growth seen with each character. I wouldn't mind some Rory/Dean now.

17. Richard's funeral

I can't even imagine how the actors felt during these scenes. The fact that this is imitating real life emotions is a lot to take in and I give the cast props for being so strong.

18. Stars Hollow Musical 5/10

The musical was way too long, but the actors who played the roles of the main roles killed it. Sutton Foster is an amazing broadway singer. Some of the original songs had me laughing so hard, but the final song sung to Lorelai was so powerful. It is something anyone lost can relate to so I was glad to see Amy get deep with this.

19. Michel, ah Michel

I was really sad seeing him quit and give up, but he was in almost every episode and for me, it struck a cord about him. He was probably Lorelai's right hand all these years, despite his lack of patience and snarky attitude.

20. Best friends still?

How Sookie was introduced was so overwhelming. She is always used to surprising Lorelai with her cooking and to have her come back for the wedding was amazing. The hug shared between them evoked so much emotion and you can tell they really do miss each other. It is sad to see her not be involved, but I hope that changes in *cough, cough* season 2

21. Luke's Diner

Modernization has taken over and Luke's diner looks more like a college coffee shop over a family diner. It was really funny to see him throw everyone these fake passwords.

22. LUKE AND LORELAI WEDDING

I will forever be petty about November 5th, 2016. The whole set up left me SPEECHLESS. The decorations were so magical and it all seemed so intimate, I wish we actually did get to see the wedding and all the flash-mobs.

23. 929503295 Cameo's

I would yell when I would spot people I recognized. It was so nice to see Lauren with her two on-screen daughters (also her RL boyfriend LOL).

24. Logan and Rory = Hmmmm

Their unconventional relationship was a little weird, but so Gilmore. I can't shame Rory for her love life choices because we aren't all perfect. She is a grown women, struggling, and she is trying to make the best out of what she has. The expectations that she has is a huge weight. If Logan wasn't engaged (which also seemed like a forced engagement) and if Rory didn't have a MIA boyfriend, then maybe I'll be 100% with this couple. Some scenes were cute, NGL, but why can't Rory be alone?

25. RIP Surrogate Storyline

How could Amy do this to me! I was expecting so much more out off this storyline with Luke and Lorelai. They CLEARLY WANT A KID. It has been hinted since season 2, so why are we still putting this on hold??!?!??!!?!??!?!?!?

26. Jess and Rory Book junkies

Jess was a gem himself, and a grown man. Their relationship, however, did not evolve in the short series. I have seen many people complain, but there was only one scene to go on if you want to argue they still love each other. It was not fully explained and Amy should expand on this relationship because he is a big influencer on Rory's life (her book decision).

27. HUSBAND AND WIFE FINALLY!

The wedding was perfect. The song was perfect. The small ceremony was perfect. The fact that this was the (almost) ending was perfect. Some might complain this was very underwhelming, but to be honest, this is who Luke and Lorelai were. They aren't too big on parties or big crowds, just them and their love for each other. It was what they wanted to do in previous seasons and just look at the GIF! They're so happy and it's so good to see them so happy after all these years.

28. The Final Words

The one thing I have to say is I know there has to be a season 2 because WHAT?

I only hope Amy decides to announce a season 2 because I'm so excited to see the new journey Rory embarks and how much she will own up to everything her mother sacrificed for her.