ADHD Is A Fake Disorder

ADHD Is A Fake Disorder

You are just over medicating your "bad" children so they will be behave & make your job easier.

237
ADHD Is A Fake Disorder
Google

I sat in my morning class today trying to concentrate on the material needed for our test on Friday. However, it was so hard to obtain that material, like It is every day. The girl beside me was tapping her pencil in between writing. The boy behind me was chewing his gum all class. The girl in front of me was scrolling through Facebook in between writing lecture notes, and the boy in the corner of the room wore those same pants last class.

All of those things I just said probably don't even cross your mind during class. Yet, for me I am overwhelmed trying to just get the notes. I had to go meet with my teacher just last week about my seating arrangement. A girl three rows to the right of me, yes three had her feet up during class. This went on for about two classes, and she would wear dresses. By all means feel free to wear dresses to class, but please shave your legs. I was not only distracted of how disrespectful she was being with her feet up, but also by the leg hair. Then on top of all of that she started eating -- loudly. I'm pretty sure I absorbed none of what was lectured on that day in class, or in my next class.

ADHD is real, its a disability that I work through every single day, multiple times a day so when you want to tell me it's not real or that it is just normal kids who have a listening problem, I get upset.

I grew up in a family with a older brother, and a younger brother. Both my brothers suffer from ADD, while I have ADHD. My mom has constantly had to defend us, and herself from people saying she is just over medicating her children.

ADHD is a disorder characterized by a persistent pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity/impulsivity that occurs in academic, occupational, or social settings. (WebMD) It effects 1 to 3 children of a classroom of 30. It is a real thing that results in behavior and academic problems. After being diagnosed with ADHD and regulating my medicine my grades went from Cs to As. I started being able to have full conversations with my mom, remember why I walked into a room, and be able to sit through my entire 90 minute class without having to get up.

It's okay if you laugh at me because I take my tests in a different room alone, or whisper about me highlighting and color coding every single thing. It is how I cope with my ADHD, and how I overcome it. It equalizes the playing field, and for that to be taken away is the same as re-segregating the bathrooms to me. It's just not fair. So before you judge, or tell me it's not real educate yourself, talk to someone pushing through it and I promise you we will change your mind.