How To Add That Extra Something To Any Space

As a decor lover, I've found a few things that alaways bring life to a room.

7

As someone who loves decorating, I've gone through a lot of style phases. I've gone from band posters to minimalism to hippie and everywhere in between. When changing styles, I swap out lot of items, but keep some things the same. Over the years, I've found a few things that I keep with me that go with any decor style and take your space to the next level.

A simple, functional storage space.

I was walking through Walmart one day looking for shoe racks and other organizational items. I happen to come across a four-tiered wired rack on wheels. I bought it and used it to store my makeup palettes, primers, eyeliners, and items I didn't use often. I was surprised how many compliments I got on the rack and I had family asked where I got it. Simple storage and organizational items can really help tie a room together while serving an actual purpose. They can blend seamlessly into the background or they can be used as decorative pieces as well.

A knick-knack shelf.

I love having a shelf full of my decorative pieces. Most of these items don't exactly serve any purpose, but they look wonderful when arranged in different ways.These pieces don't really have a place either. Normal decor pieces don't have to be the only thing on your shelf. You can use it as another storage space or you can use it to display pictures. By having a shelf in your space, you are able to add more decoration or storage while keeping space open on other surfaces in the room.

Incense.

Incense is a great way too add something else to your space. While it's nice to see a room that looks pleasing, it's even better to come into a room that smells good. We all love spending time in a place that smells great, so why not make the experience of your space that much better? Candles are wonderful, don't get me wrong,but there's a calming feeling when you walk into a room with burning incense. Incense comes in a wide array of scents and you'll be able to find one that perfectly fits your space.

Fairy lights.

Lamps can be very clunky and ruin the atmosphere of a room. Fairy lights, on the other hand, open up the room and give off a much warmer glow. Without lamps, you'll have extra space for decor items and it'll help keep the from looking cluttered. The fairy lights also help put some decor on your wall and it will almost look like Christmas all the time.

One item that screams "you."

We've all had decor pieces that you've picked up because you knew deep down that you needed this right away. And those pieces are the most special to us. We put them on display and you're proud to show it off. That's what makes any piece truly amazing. The items you have stories behind or have such a connection with are the things that will always ass that extra something to your space.