To The Anti-SeaWorld "Activists" Who Are Really Just Ignorant

I only hope that one day you can lift your blinders to see what they do and will continue to do.

135
SeaWorld San Diego

Warning: Explicit Language Used Below

It was announced very early in the morning today, August 16, 2017, that the matriarchal female orca, Kasatka passed away surrounded by her trainers and veterinary staff and her loving family at SeaWorld San Diego after a long and painful battle with a bacterial infection that spread to her lungs as she aged.

She was 40, a very common age for captive living or non-captive living whales to pass at.

She lived a full life. She taught us many things.

She is survived by her many children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. She will forever, similar to Tilikum have an everlasting effect on SeaWorld's positive impact on their unappreciative earth we reside on.

Tilikum and Kasatka were both Icelandic waters born and were two of the five noncaptive born orcas residing at the SeaWorld parks.

Now, due to Blackfish, a documentary that has pressed so much false information & negativity toward SeaWorld the past few years that the whales are receiving shitty care and their lives are nothing more than dollar signs to their trainers and corporate higher ups.

I am here to tell you you're wrong. I have seen the way trainers look at their whales. I have seen the look in their eyes and the love they share for them. I have participated in their 5K runs that benefit Busch Garden.

I have been to the parks.

I have done hours and hours of research from both sides of view. I am here to tell you that if you believe that SeaWorld doesn't care about their whales, you're wrong.

You don't know the first thing about the company. If you haven't watched Blackfish, first of all- don't. It's complete bullshit. Second, read my previous article.

If for one second you think that SeaWorld wasn't doing absolutely everything they could to make her life everything it could be and more, you're blind to what they did for her.

If you haven't spent countless hours doing research about whale’s lifespans, their life expectancy, needs, likes, dislikes or anything to the sort, sit your "activist" ass down.

You are not an activist.

You think you're doing some good in the world when all you're doing is being ignorant to what is right in front of you.

Now you're going to say something about Tilikum, the whale that passed away at SeaWorld Orlando in January 2017.

Tilikum was battling an upper respiratory infection similar to Kasatka, an infection that is found in the wild, not just in captivity.

Oh and wait, Kyara at SeaWorld San Antonio?

Calf mortality rate in the wild AND captivity is 50%.

That's half. Half of the calves born will die. Kyara happened to be in the half that passed away.

It's extremely tragic, but completely possible in the wild, as is Tilikum and Kasatka's condition.

So no, you’re not an activist.

Just because you think that by protesting and hold signs that say “Empty the Tanks” and other similar phrases, it doesn’t make you an activist.

An Activist is someone who makes a difference, not someone who holds signs with an opinion that will not help a single person or animal. These animals cannot be released.

They would die.

This isn’t even a rule of SeaWorld. This is a law set in place by the NOAA.

So, educate yourself and stop being so ignorant to the fact that SeaWorld does amazing things and I only hope that one day you can lift your blinders to see what they do and will continue to do if they are not torn down by ignorance in the process.