The ABCs Of Villanova's National Championship

A through Z of the factors that lead to the historic win.

105
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/04/09/6365883704561327521047573231_Screen%20Shot%202018-04-08%20at%2010.16.45%20PM.png

As I am sure everyone has heard unless they live under a rock, Villanova won the National Championship this year. There are lots of factors that went into this year's win and here are 26 of them:

A - Alamodome

The site of the Fial Four and National Championship games this year.

B - Brunson

Jalen Brunson, the AP Player of the Year and team leader for the Wildcats.

C - Cats

CATS CATS CATS!

D - Donte DiVincenzo

The Michael Jordan of Delaware scoring and Most Outstanding Player of the Final Four.

E - East

Winning the Big East at Madison Square Garden gained the Wildcats an automatic spot in the NCAA tournament.

F - Final Four

Making it to the Final Four is a big deal for any team, but that was not enough for Nova.

G - Guards

The point guards and shooting guards were our point scorers for the tournament.

H - History

The Cats made history winning two national championships in only three years, creating a legacy for Villanova basketball.

I - Injuries

Throughout the season and the tournament, it is inevitable that there would be some players with injuries. However, these players turned into the biggest cheerleaders.

J - Jay Wright

Always dressed sharp and the best coach in Villanova history.

K - Kansas

The Wildcats beat Kansas by 16 to clinch a spot in the National Championship.

L - Lancaster Avenue

The street on Villanova's campus that was stormed and lit on fire after the big win.

M - Michigan

The opponent in the National Championship, not a problem for Villanova though.

N - National Championship

Villanova was favored to win by 7 before the game start, and the team came out with an energy that could not be stopped by Michigan.

O - Omari

He loves dunking on the other team.

P - Paschall

He can drive but also shoot, helping the team get key points.

Q - Quitting

Something not in Villanova's vocabulary, the team works as hard as it can until the final buzzer.

R - Rebounds

In the Texas Tech Elite 8 game, Villanova recorded 51 rebounds.

S - San Antonio

The city that was taken over by Wildcats during the Final Four and National Championship.

T - TD Garden

The site of the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 in which Nova cruised by West Virginia and Texas Tech.

U - Unfazed

The Cats were never intimidated by their opponents, they played their game and found success.

V - V for Victory

The Villanova Fight Song that once you hear it, you cannot get it out of your head.

W - Will D. Cat

The best mascot that gets everyone cheering and excited.

X - (e)Xpectations

The Wildcats had high expectations, being seeded number 1 on their side of the bracket and winning the Big East, but they did not succumb to the pressure.

Y - Yelling

Throughout the entire tournament, if there was a game on you heard the screaming all over campus.

Z - Zilly Fries

The food of choice that was eaten in celebration of every Villanova win from the school's favorite restaurant CampCo.