The ABC's Of SUNY Oswego

The ABC's Of SUNY Oswego

The basics of an Oswego student's lifestyle.

309
The ABC's Of SUNY Oswego

If you go to Oswego or previously attended this SUNY school, you probably agree that these are the ABCs -- the basics that every student knows about.

Alleycat

Usually referred to as "Alleys," this is known as the freshman bar ... or the bar for people who wish they were freshmen again.

BSR
Bridge Street Run. The last day of classes (or the best day of the year) Bridge Street is filled with white T-shirts.

Culkin
All Oswego students have probably been here at least once, whether it was for financial aid, or they lost their ID card.

D-Bus.

The $2 ride that brings students downtown on the weekends.

Edward A. Sheldon

SUNY Oswego's founder and who Sheldon Hall is named after. If you knew it or not, he's the statue on the lawn of Sheldon Hall.

Flat Rocks
Our own little beach. The best place to be during the day when it's warm out (and to day-drink).

Geese
They. Are. Everywhere.

Harborfest

The weekend every July when students come back up to school for this festival.

Ice Hockey

Our pride and joy at Oswego. The only sport that actually plays on main campus.

Johnson
OMG, Johnson Babies!!! The freshman dorm.

King Arthur's Suites
When alumni come and visit, they'll probably stay either here or at the Beacon. Better known as "the place above Hanabi."

Lake Ontario

Campus is situated directly on the shores of Lake Ontario.

May Day
One of the most fun days when there is an actual carnival inside the Campus Center. May Day sadly came to an end when "OzFest" started the same day as BSR.

Negative Degrees
If it is colder than 0 degrees, it's no surprise.

Onondaga Hall

This suite-style residence hall is easily one of the best on campus.

Pizza
Whether it's Franco's, Cam's, or Bridge Street Pizza, it's available at almost any time of the day and the go-to drunk food after the bars.

Quest Day
A day of no classes used for academic presentations ... at least that's what the school says it is. For students, it's a day off that is treated like a holiday.

Raven

One of the bars on Bridge Street that has bogo on Tuesdays and where you can usually find Greeks on the weekends.

Sunsets
Oswego has one of the best sunsets in the country. It sets right on Lake Ontario, and never disappoints.

Trolley
Always in competition with the D-Bus, another form of transportation on the weekends.

University Police
Students would say they are best known for giving out parking tickets

Vonas
Vonas and Canales are always in competition for the best Italian food in Oswego.

Wind Tunnels
It's hard to walk around campus without getting stuck in a wind tunnel. It's safe to say the worst ones are next to Seneca and in between Cayuga and Daga.

Xtra Layers
Necessary, especially during the second semester, since it feels like the North Pole.

Yoberry
Oswego's only frozen yogurt place.

Zoology
Oswego is the only SUNY school that has zoology as a major.