End Of Summer

That's A Wrap On The Summer After Your Freshman Year Of College

Sweet, sweet summer time. It's supposed to be pool days and margs all summer long. Here's the reality of what the transition back home actually is.

5
Travis Rupert on Pexels

Summer is made for sun, sandals, and lake days. The sun hitting your skin forming perfect freckles and a golden tan. Wearing no makeup and putting on swimsuits after you wake up and heading to the pool. Spending time with your friends from sun up to sundown, and so much more.

There's no doubt that all these things are probably going to happen but there are also the realities of being a college student and actually needed to be productive with your life.

Coming home for the summer after an exciting year is something that I didn't think would be such a bad thing. It honestly wasn't the end of the world but there were somethings that was hard to get used to. The first being living with my parents again.

I'll be honest, meals, having laundry done, and everything being paid for again was defiantly a perk but it took some getting used to transitioning back home.

I love them both dearly but it just isn't the same as it was living with them in high school. I must say that it sucked having to tell someone where you were going constantly and not being able to do your own thing without having a twenty questions session before you leave the house.

Another big difference is not having your friends around. Especially at my college, not a lot of people live in the town that our school is in. This meant when summer rolled around, all my buddies went home and I was left all alone.

This was something that was super hard to get used to because let's be honest, people change from college and your high school friends won't be the same. It was a pretty lonely summer, to say the least.

In the end, my summer was simply made up of working and summer classes. That made for a mega boring summer and a countdown until school starting again. That's something that I seriously didn't think was going to happen, ever. Not too bummed about summer being over but super glad I got a sweet tan out of it.