A Thank You Letter To My Mom

A Thank You Letter To My Mom

To the woman who has stuck by my side through every challenge and hardship, thank you.

91
A Thank You Letter To My Mom
Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash

Ever since I was a baby, you were always there. You never left, you never doubted yourself, and you've never given up. You have always and still do try to be the best mother you can be and give 100% to me and my sisters and you never let anything tear you down. You believed in me when no one else did and you showed me what my true value is and that I am truly loved; and for that and so much more, thank you. This is for you.

Life was rough at first.

When I was first born, you were at a very stressful time in your life. You were still in school, you were working, and you were starting to make a life for yourself and become independent. In the years following, we were presented with some hard and heavy challenges; challenges, that I don't remember too well but from what I've been told in more recent years, that honestly could've tore the family apart. However, you didn't let that happen. You stepped up to the plate and was the leading force in your life and you strived to make a better life for not only us two, but my little sister too. If you didn't take that extra leap to make sure us three had a better life, I honestly don't know where we would be, so thank you.

I wouldn't be where I am today without you.

No matter what has gone on in life, no matter what hardships or roadblocks stood in the way, our relationship has always been strong. Yes, we've had our disagreements, all moms and daughters do, but we push past them and they only make us stronger. You are the strongest person I know, you have been presented with so many different and emotionally draining situations that I really don't understand how you were able to persevere and get through.

It is your strength that has brought me to where I am today. Your strength and determination have driven me to push past and defeat my demons to become a better person in every aspect. It's because of you that I am sitting here, in my dorm room typing this. It is because of you that I am strong. I truly am so blessed to have a mom like you. Thank you.