A Thank You Letter To Myself At The End Of This Decade.

All of the things that I have learned, and the choices that I have made this past decade have gotten me to where I am now.

156

At the beginning of this decade I was only 12. I was still in grade school and living at home. Obviously, my life has changed since then, but in many more ways than I would have imagined at the age of 12. This past decade I graduated from grade school, high school, and next year will be my final year in college. There are so many people and experiences that I am grateful for having, but especially the person that I have changed in to.

I have struggled with depression and anxiety from a very young age, even younger than 12. There was always one thing after another, and it quickly turned me into someone who needed to adapt quickly to any situation thrown at them.

I lost my dad at when I was 15. The loss of my father was the biggest change to happen in my life. For a long time after that I was never the same, I don't even believe now that I am, but from that pain I grew in to someone that 15-year-old me would be so proud of.

I can not change any of the decisions I have made, the bad or good ones, but I have learned from each one. I have learned that it is okay to forgive yourself. There are so many beautiful things in this world to live for, even if that one beautiful thing is you.

I have learned to let the hate go, the anger that I had built up towards myself and the world. It took me years to realize that living so negatively will never allow me to grow both mentally and physically. To anyone who has ever struggled with this: there is a way to live, you just have to work for it. Everyone's situation is different. I can never put myself in your shoes, but from someone who has gotten themselves out of the hole, its possible.

As this year comes to close, I want to thank every person that has been in my life. Whether you are still here with me, or our paths have turned away, thank you. Happy New Year!