9 Reasons You're Dying To Go Home For Thanksgiving Break

Enough with these midterms, I'm ready to go home.

24
Seventeen Magazine

Thanksgiving break is the first substantial break that college students get from school. That means not having to stress over exams, get up early to make your 10 a.m. class, and saying bye-bye to the “grilled chicken” you’ve been eating for four days straight in the dining hall and hello to mama's home cooked meals. These are all the reasons you are counting down the seconds to get home for Thanksgiving break

1. The food

Did I even have to say it? We all know your brain has been spinning with the thought of getting your hands on a fresh New York bagel. The real question, however, is what’s first on the menu? Buffalo chicken pizza, sushi, your favorite chopped salad? The list goes on and on- good thing you have seven days to conquer it all.

2. Your home friends

There’s no better feeling than reuniting with the people that know you better than anyone- your home friends. Even though you text, call, and FaceTime them everyday, nothing compares to hearing their juicy college stories in person.

3. Black Friday shopping

Your two favorite things: shopping and a sale. Black Friday shopping is the perfect opportunity to get yourself the new going out clothes that you’ve been desperately needing. (Because whatever is in your closet just isn’t going to do it anymore, sorry mom and dad.) Besides, we all know you were planning on getting new clothes anyways, now you have a better excuse to do so.

4. Sleeping in your own bed

There’s no fonder relationship than the one you have with your bed. No mattress, blanket, or pillow could ever match up to yours at home.

5. Seeing your dog

You’re barely going to be able to put your car in park without jumping out of it and running straight to your furry little ball of mushiness. The only reason you haven’t already drove home to see your dog is because you force your parents to send you adorable pictures and videos of that cute little guy almost everyday.

6. Grooming yourself

Painting your own nails is fun and all but alternating between the same three nail polishes is really getting old. Oh, and your hair? People expect you to trust one of these salons to cut your precious locks? Good try, the only person that gains those privileges is your girl Lisa at Two Stephen Street. One more thing; make yourself an eyebrow appointment for 2:30, you plan on going back to school as a changed woman.

7. Thanksgiving Eve

The second biggest party night of the year. It’s been quite some time since you and your home friends have went out together. Well, get the squad together because tonight you’re going hard.

8. Having no responsibilities

As if you weren’t already avoiding the list of things you had to do at school, when you get home you don't even want to think about classes. It’s called Thanksgiving BREAK for a reason. You plan on waking up at 12 p.m. and watching television until dinner time.

9. Being with your family

The main reason you’re dying to get home is to see your family. It has been a long three months away and you’re ready to utilize every moment you get to spending time with them. Come on, admit it, you missed them!