9 Reasons I'm Excited For Fall

9 Reasons I'm Excited For Fall

Time to become basic again

5
9 Reasons I'm Excited For Fall
MakeAMeme.org

Summer is great because there's no school, endless fun nights, ice cream, swimming, beach trips, and golden tans. As summer slowly creeps to an end, we all patiently wait for fall to arrive. Now, if you're anything like me, you know that fall is one of the better seasons, if not the best (summer is only cool for my birthday). I'm going to share a few reasons as to why I love fall, and I hope you share some mutual feelings towards it.

1. Football!

Ready, set, hike! Ah yes, football. I love football for every reason under the sky. Watching it, yelling at the TV with my family, the players, the excitement, just all of it. There's nothing like making buffalo chicken dip and ordering some wings to watch the big game every Sunday (granted it's on a Sunday). I love throwing on a jersey and rooting for the Steelers. Go Pittsburgh!

2. PSLs.

Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks taste like Heaven liquified in a cup. I don't know how those baristas do it, but they manage to make my piping hot drink taste like a liquid pumpkin with whipped cream, and what's better than that? I just get so excited when I hear that the PSL is back for the season.

3. Apple picking.

Fall is when apples are at their peak time to pick, and who doesn't like apples? You know what they say, "an apple a day keeps the doctor away." It's so much fun to just go to the orchard and pick a bunch of apples to make pies, cookies, breads, cakes, and more. Nothing is better than some homemade applesauce either!

4. Pumpkin carving.

Pumpkin carving is just as exciting as apple picking because you get to go pick your pumpkin from the patch! Big ones, small ones, round ones, deformed ones, orange ones, white ones; we love them all! Then you get to bring it home, scoop out the yummy pumpkin seed guts, and carve whatever design you want into it for display.

5. Bath and Body Works Fall Collection.

Oh yeah, I may sound a little girly here, but I could live in that store during the fall. With over 20 variations of pumpkin and apple smells, who wouldn't want to smell like it 24/7? I'd tell you my favorite smell, but it's so hard to pick just one. Between pumpkin pecan waffles, salted caramel pumpkin, marshmallow pumpkin latte, homemade apple pie, and many more, it's so hard not to want them all.

6. Bonfires.

Everyone loves a good bonfire. The smell of the fire just has a homey feeling to it. It's like a big warm hug. Also, S'MORES! Everyone loves s'mores! the ooey-gooey marshmallow and melted chocolate between two graham crackers. Yum, yum, yum!

7. Cooler weather.

When the 90s finally turn into 60s, that's when everyone gets happy. We step away from the humidity, and we couldn't be happier. Though we may be giving up our golden tans, we can't complain that we're no longer sweating oceans or suffering from sunburns. Goodbye shorts and tanks, hello yogas and sweatshirts!

8. Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Possibly two of the better holidays in the book. Halloween you get to dress up and get lots of candy as a kid, and maybe possibly as an adult by stealing your kid's candy. Thanksgiving is great too because of the food. So. Much. Food. Filling, potatoes, turkey, ham, green beans, rolls, and much more. Who can argue? Plus, Black Friday is the next day, and who doesn't love deals on shopping?

9. Parades.

Now who doesn't love parades? For some reason, we all just love going and sitting to watch parades with the firetrucks, various characters, local teams, and Santa at the end. Plus, who doesn't love getting free candy?

Happy Fall y'all and embrace your inter white girl!