9 Promises To My Siblings That I'll Forever Keep

You can always count on me, and here's a reminder of exactly what for.

2428
Kellsey Medsger

I know we all kind of unwillingly got stuck with each other for life, but I guess you guys are pretty great. And if we're stuck with each other forever, then we should probably make the most if it. In case you didn't already know, you can always count on me (you already know this is about to be super sappy, so just prepare yourselves now). Here's a little reminder of exactly what for:

1. I promise to never judge you and always give you my never-ending love and support.

No matter what you want to do or be, I support you. And I always will.

2. I promise to be there whenever and wherever you need me.

Family comes first. You guys mean the world to me, so when you need me I'll do my best to be there. No matter what else I have going on. Just promise me you won't let your pride get in the way. t's always okay to ask for help.

3. I promise to keep your secrets.

If you'll keep mine too.

4. I promise to be all ears when you need a good listener.

Even when we're all in different states and rarely ever get to see each other, I'm always just a phone call away. Don't be strangers.

5. I promise to help you figure out life to the best of my ability.

Life isn't easy, we all know that. All the rough times, tough decisions, and confusing situations; you shouldn't have to go through them alone, and you never will. I won't let you. Whatever it is, we'll figure it out together.

6. I promise to always be more than just your sibling; I promise to always be your friend.

Ever need someone to hang out with? Someone to get advice from? I'm your person. Even when we're grown up and have lives separate from each other; especially then. You guys were my first friends, and I want you to be my friends forever.

7. I promise to always look out for you and have your back.

I know you aren't kids and you can fight your own battles, but I'm always here if you need back up. Especially when we need to gang up against mom or dad.

8. I promise to always be honest with you.

If you're going off the deep end, if you need to make some changes, if I'm worried about you for whatever reason. Sometimes all you need is honesty. And it's hard to find people who will be completely honest with you. Feel free to ignore me if I'm over-reacting, but I will never hold back from letting you know what I think, what I see, or how I'm feeling.

9. I promise to be your biggest fan.

At your graduation, games, and even your wedding day, you name it. I promise I'll be there, cheering the loudest, and being the proudest.

I promise all of this and more. And just so you know, if I had to be stuck with anyone for the rest of my life, I'm really glad it's you guys.