9 Musicals With Lyrics For Instagram Captions

9 Musicals With Lyrics for Instagram captions Only Theatre Nerds Can Appreciate

Applicable to both real life and (mostly) fictional worlds.

2607
Busy Broadway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1l-HRvwnB4

A little less than a year ago I wrote an article with lyrics from musicals that would be perfect for Instagram captions. As any theatre nerd will tell you, a lot can happen on Broadway in a year. I've been listening to some of the musicals I missed then and some new stuff out now, and I've got more for you!

1. Natasha, Pierre & the Great Comet of 1812

Anatole, 2017 Tony Awards

media3.giphy.com

"How wonderful to have you here instead of these gossips and crybabies!"

"This winter sky! How can anyone sleep? There was never such a night before!"

"Looking in the glass, I see I am pretty."

"They say we are asleep until we fall in love... and I'm so ready to wake up now."

"I leave the room smiling."

2. Once on This Island (2018)

Daniel and Ti Moune

78.media.tumblr.com

"Our hearts hear the song, our feet move along, and to the music of the gods we dance."

"I'm here in the field with my feet on the ground and my fate in the air, waiting for life to begin!"

"My life is forever yours and you are mine."

"Whatever you need, Mama will provide."

"You are part, part of the human heart."

3. Mean Girls

Janis, Cady, Damien, Revenge Party

78.media.tumblr.com

"I've got dreams exciting me, like, a fire igniting me."

"So what if all the ducklings think you're ugly? It's because they've never seen a swan."

"I'm prettiest poison you've ever seen."

"I can be who I wanna be and hot."

"You know what friends do? They've got your back and they are fun to be around."

4. Frozen: The Broadway Musical

Frozen Broadway cast

78.media.tumblr.com

"Let the sun shine on, let our hearts be light, like this perfect, happy, shiny, summer day!"

"Nobody sings of this humble face, or my lack of grace, or quotes what comes out of my mouth... thank goodness!"

"I can't stop smiling, how strange."

"Love's not an easy climb, you have to take your time! Love's not a thing you get, it's work, and tears, and sweat."

"The magic one is you."

5. Firebringer

Zazzalil, wife

78.media.tumblr.com

"This world is what we make of it, together."

"It's not the outside of things that make them good, that make them bad, that make them anything."

"The night belongs to us."

"I want to know how you see me and if it's the same as I see you: with the colors of love."

"Together there is nothing we can't beat."

6. Next to Normal

I'm alive

media1.giphy.com

(These ones are a bit angsty, but ya know.)

"What doesn't kill me, doesn't kill me, so fill me up for just another day."

"Mozart was crazy, but his music's not crazy, so you play, and everything else goes away."

"This planet is pretty broken beyond all repair, but one thing is working if you're standing there."

"I am the one who'll hold you. I am the one who'll stay. I am the one who won't walk away."

"I'm your wish, your dream come true and I am your darkest nightmare too."

7. Anastasia (2017)

Anastasia, Journey to the Past

media2.giphy.com

"I dream of a city beyond all compare."

"Don't be afraid to go on. Don't give up hope, come what may!"

"Some give up, some give in. Me, I won't."

"Funny how a city tells you when it's time to go."

"I knew even then... I'd find you again."

8. The Hunchback of Notre Dame (2016)

Quasi and Esmeralda, Top of the World

78.media.tumblr.com

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?"

"Seeing life from the top of the world, nothing needs fighting and no one needs pity."

"They had a kind of glow around them, it almost looked like Heaven's light."

"Somehow, you have made me someone new."

"Someday we may yet live to live and let live."

9. Hairspray (2002)

Hairspray, protest

78.media.tumblr.com

"I know every step, I know every song, I know there's a place where I belong."

"A king ain't a king without the power behind the throne."

"Styles keep a-changing, the world's rearranging, but you're timeless to me."

"Without love, life is like the seasons with no summer."

"There's a light burning bright, showing me the way, but I know where I've been."